2003 Caret???

CREYN

Anybody got an idea how much new carpet is directly from Allison to recarpet the whole boat on XB2003???

gmorgan

My guess is $400, but they don’t send pieces for the side pockets nor the under front deck area.

CREYN

Thanks that’s good to know. Trying to decide whether to go back with Allison carpet or go with padded decks and just marine carpet from my local upholstery guy. I’m not a speed freak so a pund here and a kind there does not freak me out! I’m about comfort, style and convenience!!! If u have ever fished or even just sat on a padded deck, you know what I’m talking about.

Mick

Hey mr. Hope you figured them Lowrance out!! I’ve burning a candle at both ends and haven’t been on in weeks, but before you pull the trigger on carpet, look up a thread on here of the epoxy floor a young man did last year.. saw it at the rally in person and WOW is all I can say. He’s got the complete instructions on the install procedure and pics....

CREYN

Yeah it looks good, but I’m still a carpet guy, and since I have seen and felt the comfort of the padded carpeted deck, that’s what I think is gonna be my move. Just not sure if the Allison carpet kit will allow for the 1/4” pad underneath or not, as it has the fringe sewn around it.

Mick

I here ya, just wanted to make sure u saw the option. I like it for looks and ease of cleaning. The padding or lack there of was a definite concern though.

Whaaaaat

Look into Seadeck. It's finished padding. I'm a saltwater guy, never understood why anyone would want carpet on a boat?

BigRWater

Look into Seadeck. It's finished padding. I'm a saltwater guy, never understood why anyone would want carpet on a boat?
I agree about the carpet. Recently took up the carpet and was amazed how much dirt & probably fish slime it held. So I painted the deck with a non skid paint but there is no padding.

One noticeable benefit of removing the carpet is that the boat performs better without the weight of the old dirt & slime carpet.

BigRWater

Checked out the web site & I like the look of the Seadeck. I am just wondering, how does it do in the winter and decks are iced? I have never slipped on iced carpet. 'what is the weight comparison to carpet? A friend showed me some padded deck material that he was going to put on his bow area, it looked good, but it seemed heavy...