200 pro-stock vs. 225 pro max

njj502

I'd like to put a SVS & ECU on my ProMax but funds just too tight this year.... need to keep saving for the shop!

procomp

When you guys are piecing these fishing motors (pro-stock) together and changing electronics and fuel pressure, how do you figure out the fuel curves especially using the merc boxes?

suicidealli

If you have the 849 ecu there is merc software to download a custom curve. The pcu is the easiest, just call Tony, he has the curves already. They still need to be tweaked, but it is a start.
The data systems help with fuel curves.
Egts if you can't afford a data system.
It takes some time if you don't have any help. There are lot of people that will help....;-)

Roy

Last edited:

procomp

Picked up a 1998 200efi. I'm not gonna race it but I'm toying with this prostock idea.
So, what block mods are allowed to be a prostock? Anything?
Is the stock front half and intake on this motor going to kill any gains?
Guess I need a promax/260 divider plate?
Thinking about sending block to Ruck to fix up all the holes and fit it with some vertex pistons. Its a start.

Last edited:

patches

No block/half mods allowed in DSRA Prostock. 16 amp electrics, Hi Perf ecu or Brucato, approx 150 lbs of comp

John S

So you sold a badassed 280 to build a prostock 200 motor??? B-rad, you are a man that likes a challenge, lol. How you gonna figger all this stuff oot, when you can't even put carpet in? =-)-

procomp

Lmao. Good point John. Thanks for the laugh.
What can I say. Half the fun is playing with different boats and motors.

alc

Xxr/2001, you mention the 240 sport jet block. There would be a lot of exhaust crest work to do to run it on a outboard as they are ported straight back and not down like an outboard as they are built for the factory divided expansion chamber.

M.ALEXIE

Xxr/2001, you mention the 240 sport jet block. There would be a lot of exhaust crest work to do to run it on a outboard as they are ported straight back and not down like an outboard as they are built for the factory divided expansion chamber.
I had one and its exactly like the 225pm but black.

XXXR2001

Not sure exactly what you're saying. I've only seen one in bare block form without the exhaust divider. It looked pretty much like a 225 promax but with much better machine work, really nice rod slot work and possibly wider exhaust ports (not positive on this cause I didn't measure).

Maybe Malexie will comment on this as it was his block and our friend Galen Burden had looked it over pretty closely and commented on the things I previously mentioned.