2.6 Yamaha

Dave Hensley

I sold this motor last July. The gentleman never did get the boat it was going on ship shape so we just traded and I have this motor back. Now he is part of the Allison family and I have a Yamaha for sale. Exceptional motor with break in hours only. I am not a Yam guy but know quality when I see it. Very nice and a strong runner. The power head is a 225 excel it has had all the exhaust ports opened up some and the rod slots slightly cut and tube ports drilled in behind the sleeves and the front half has been expoxy filled to help raise the crank case compression it has hydrotec 8200 heads and fiber reeds with the hydrotec modified reed plate and intake with 36mm carbs. The can has been removed and it has a stock 225 excel tuner the mid clamp is for a 115 because it was lighter than the 1997 150 clamp the lower unit is a 1.86:1 gear and was just redone by j.c prop shop the cowl and pan are custom made by Hydrotec and feel lighter than a Merc Drag. Control box is included for $3200 firm.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chad Phillips

I recognize that combo from Middle Tn. Haven't seen Bill in a few years. That would be killer on a light Bullet. Too bad I don't have one anymore!

Dave Hensley

Bill is a master detailer and rigger. Hated to part with the Yamaha but nothing I have laying around works on it. Bill said not to worry, they never break! The boat it is coming off of is just as nice.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

I bought this rig from Bill Kemp. He poured TLC into the motor and boat. I think he still has a ton of top shelf Yamaha parts up to and including a Z port with Merc fuel injection. If you have the need for Yamaha HP call him.

Dave Hensley

Just traded for this motor back. Has had 0 hours put on it. Still needs break in finished up. Pictures and words do not do it justice.

whipper

Not that I can buy it but sure would love to!! What kinda HP ya figure it puts out and does the 8200 heads mean thats the revs? Looks really really sweet. That gearcase is almost worth the price. Nice!!:beer:

Darth VMAX

I would love to know the HP of this motor as well. Whipper the 8200 Heads are worth about 30 hp if I remember correctly.

Dave Hensley

If I remember correctly it did not have huge compression numbers. Again, Bill Kemp built the motor and we talked about max rpms. He felt that even though it would not rev like a Mercury that 7700-7800 would be realistic.

Dave Hensley

Thanks Neal. It is a great looking and super running motor. I hope David and the XB2002 get along well. Find him a shiney cowl and he will look very sharp.