1998 Allison GrandSport Ski – without power

MDRURY916

SOLD!!!

1998 Allison GrandSport Ski – without power -
White with lots of Black - The most black that Darris would allow me to have on it.

Very clean inside and out 1998 GrandSport Ski - $15,000 OBO - boat does not have a motor on it -

Blueprinted bottom done Summer of 2018 – at the Allison Factory – only run 2 times since then, so the bottom is perfect.
Lip was lowered from .090 to .050 ( I think that is the current size since the early 2000 years ) all the other imperfections were corrected and it has a straight and sharp pad and chines. The blueprint leaves a grey primer where it was done. It was taped off straight, and looks cool to me. Kinda two-tone look. And a dead giveaway that you had it done!

Interior is near perfect – no marks, tears, and, the back deck lids have SeaDek on them.
New gauges - ProComp Marine – with blue LED back lighting
Nordskog GPS
All Mercury controls
SeaStar hydraulic steering
Original Allison manual jackplate – 7-1/2” with a new Bob’s Machine 4” setback added summer 2018 - the plate in the picture with the motor on it has a 2" block on it, that has been removed, and the new 4" Bob's setback plate is on it now.

2001 – Aluminum trailer – Darris said the bunks on the trailer are perfect fit for the bottom of the boat, that is not and was not a reason for the Blueprinting of the bottom.

The finish on the boat shines great, looks great, it is a 20 year old boat that has been used as a family ski boat, so it does have some scratches on it.
It has been garaged kept since new.

FREE DELIVERY – Anywhere in the US – I will personally deliver the boat to you. I love to drive and I have the time to do it.
Call for more info – 504-400-0276 Michael Drury

ALLISON-TB.jpgIMG_1594.JPGIMG_1595.JPGIMG_2088.JPGIMG_2103.JPGPIC-2.jpgPIC-3.jpgPIC-4.jpgPIC-5.jpgPIC-6.jpg

Last edited:

MDRURY916

Price drop: $15,000.00
I am open to all offers. I did some looking, and they are priced all over the place, from $12k up to $20k+

The factory Blueprint was $2,500.00 and makes the bottom better than new, cause they do not come from the Factory new with a Blueprinted bottom.
Only the race boats come that way, or you have to order your boat with a Blueprinted bottom. That was news to me, when I was up there for the Rally this past summer, and I asked Darris to look at the bottom of my boat. He said that it needed a "lot of work". I said that I had the boat since new, I have not hit anything, and the trailer bunks are even without any gaps or high spots, and it drove and handled great. He said maybe so, but if you want to go over 100mph, you should get it fixed.
Night and day difference in the way it handled after it was done. And you that have had your boats for any length of time, know what I am talking about. When you change anything in your set up, you can instantly feel it.

Last edited:

Alan

Probationary User
Absolutely gorgeous looking boat. You took excellent care of it all these years.
I would love to own it but it’s just not practical where I live.

dubmoney

Can I ask what Darris set the lip height at? Are the edges of the pad sharper then what it was originally?

MDRURY916

Can I ask what Darris set the lip height at? Are the edges of the pad sharper then what it was originally?
Lip was lowered from .090 to .050 ( I think that is the current size since the early 2000 years ) all the other imperfections were corrected and it has a straight and sharp pad and chines. Yes, the edges are not as rounded off, hard to know exactly how much, cause I never paid that much attention to it when I got it new in 98'. That is what Darris was showing me when he was looking at it, that my edges were not sharp and the pad needed work. I told him that I bought it new like that, and that is when he told me that they are not Blueprinted from the factory when new.

The boat has driven great to me since new. But I have nothing to compare it with, cause I have only driven one other Allison one time years ago, and that was a 2002 bass boat with Frankenrude on it. I only had the boat out a couple times since it was done, then sold the motor, cause I want to get a higher HP motor to get over 100mph.. I could instantly tell the boat tracked straight and tight or crisp. I could tell the water was coming off the chines a little different, especially in the turns, the boat did not slide as much. I was on the limiter low 90's before work done, so there was no speed increase.

Thanks for asking, and I would recommend having it done. Darris told me, if you want to go over 100 it should be done, at least for my boat anyway, cause of my lip size and the raised bump in front of the lip on the pad.

Last edited:

Madoxusa

Probationary User
Micheal, I’m new on the form but have been looking for a GS for a while. Is the boat still available? Do you have clean and clear titles for the boat and trailer? Thanks Jon

MDRURY916

Welcome to the forum Jon!!!
Yes, it is still available.
I am the original owner of the boat since new.
Yes, I have clear titles for boat and trailer.
call or text me anytime: 504-400-0276