1997 Mercury/Mariner 200 SuperMag

MDRURY916

SOLD !!!! Thank you Allison forum!!!

1997 Mariner SuperMag 200hp EFI 2.5 ProMax- $4,500.00 OBO

I have had this motor since new. I removed the oil injection gear, and mixed oil and gas since new. Still has the stock ECU. Used as a "family boat" for 14 years of running, and skiing with the kids. The motor lasted 14 years, before one of the wrist pins failed. No block damage, just one cylinder. I had JSRE rebuild the motor in 2016. He did the basic upgrades to the motor to make it better. He port and polish everything, balance, blueprint, and new everything. The new pistons were sent off to be CYRO -300 deg. This motor is capable of more rpms than stock, I just never sent the ECU off to do that. The polished Sportmaster lower unit is stock with small prop shaft.
Call or text anytime for more info and pictures: 504-400-0276

Attachments

Last edited:

MDRURY916

I did some more looking around on the internet to see what others were selling for, and I lowered the price. This is is not a 225 ProMax, so it does not need to be priced like one.

lost2a6

Probationary User
Is this a pump gas motor, and does any controls, harness, etc come with it? Also does it have the top pin pistons? I'm still learning about these 2.5s so please excuse any stupid questions. Thanks!

MDRURY916

premium 91-93 octane - gas motor
yes, top pinned pistons
no such thing as a stupid question, always good to ask if you don't know

MDRURY916

complete motor off back of boat, no controls or harness
trim pump is on the motor, and no oil tank is not in boat, I mix the oil and gas.

MDRURY916

SOLD
120-121 on all 6 holes
Thank you and I wish you all luck on finding a motor.

Last edited: