1995 Allison XB2003 ProSport Tournament $14,000 (No Motor)

SuperTim

1995 Allison XB2003 Tournament (Hull and Trailer Only)

IN UTAH:

Second owner (bought in 2013), Two covers (re-stitched original grey and new black Sunbrella), tandem axle trailer with 2016 tires/wheels (maybe 500 miles on them), new Bimini, ski tripod, Carpet in good condition, upholstery in good condition. Skid Planer, Land & Sea Jack Plate, Dual fuel tanks (7 and 30), 2 “bicycle” fishing seats and one folding chair style. Boat has a few scratches in the gel coat, the Plexiglas windscreen is oxidized and the trailer has some surface rust where the paint was chipped. Not perfect, but very nice for the age (I’d say a 7/10). Asking $14,000. Its shrink wrapped for the winter. I had to determine my keep/sell price and came up with $14k. Otherwise I will keep her and convert to full electric next winter (I have the ev batteries, just need to learn more about water safety and high voltage electronics), or rebuild the SuperMag.

Negatives:
  • Drivers seat faded and piping starting to fray (everything else is in great shape)
  • Carpet has 2”x 2” melt mark on rear deck (not burned)
  • Carpet has fade where rod straps have been moved (front deck starboard)
  • 1/2” hole where old GPS receiver mounted to rear deck (starboard side)
  • Black/silver pin stripe needs to finish being removed and replaced.
  • Maybe 4 or 5 scratches in the red gel coat, one nicked/dented the surface (size of a pea).
  • Oxidation on wind screen
  • Slight oxidation on black helm front
  • Starboard steering cable has wear from Promax steering nut rubbing it (see black tape).
  • Some of the stickers have fine cracks from shrinkage
Hard to part with as it was the only boat that would make everyone grin when you take them for a ride. (The Opti 115 shown is not included,,,,just testing it after I toasted the SuperMag)

Attachments

SuperTim

Some additional pics of damage noted above and an old one with the grey cover. I forgot to note in the original post that there are stress cracks where the trolling motor is mounted, but I am including a photo of that.

Attachments

90 5.0

Wtf? I can’t beleive how the prices on 2003’s seems to be skyrocketing!!

I need to buy some, they are clearly doing better than the stocks I’ve picked!

SuperTim

Sorry your stocks aren't doing too well. I can always buy back a stock after I sell it, and I have never had a stock that makes me smile every time I take it out on the water (even with a 115 opti). Take a look at Canadian pot stocks (ACB, CTST, CGC, TLRY). They cycle enough you can day trade them and make some pretty good money. It's getting close to time to buy BA. Also AMZN, AAPL, MA etc. are good long term holds.

I'd really like to convert the xb to full electric, but I need to fully understand high-voltage and water safety before I risk killing myself.

Thanks for your post and good luck with your stocks.

Bjmoss

Wtf? I can’t beleive how the prices on 2003’s seems to be skyrocketing!!

I need to buy some, they are clearly doing better than the stocks I’ve picked!
What would you consider the boat worth ? Boat is full composite so no rot issues. Just wondering your thoughts with a new one costing 70-80 with a motor.

SuperTim

Bjmoss,

It's a 225 Super Mag (Grey).

I actually like the black promax look better, but either way it was a beast under the cowl. I had a bit of sticker shock myself when I priced out a new crank for the Super Mag....

Like you said, they are well built boats. If I don't sell it, I want to finish investigating converting it to electric. I could always hang a 115 four stroke on it and have a really nice fishing boat with a 5 year warranty, quiet, no smoke, killer mileage and 55+mph.,,,,,,but that seems like putting a vw motor in a Porsche 911.

Thanks for the post.

Bjmoss

Bjmoss,

It's a 225 Super Mag (Grey).

I actually like the black promax look better, but either way it was a beast under the cowl. I had a bit of sticker shock myself when I priced out a new crank for the Super Mag....

Like you said, they are well built boats. If I don't sell it, I want to finish investigating converting it to electric. I could always hang a 115 four stroke on it and have a really nice fishing boat with a 5 year warranty, quiet, no smoke, killer mileage and 55+mph.,,,,,,but that seems like putting a vw motor in a Porsche 911.

Thanks for the post.
Would you be interested in selling the blown 225 Super Mag ?

dubmoney

Hey, I think xb2003s are like Porsche 911 or Ford Gt 40 They just go up in price. They are a good product, if taken care of they can be like new by just replacing or repairing what ever isn't in new condition. As mentioned above, the rising cost of new boat and motor, keep the resale value rising. I, like many would love to have a new xb21 with new v8 power, but the cost is triple. I don't see my income tripling in the near future.

PROXTB

I just recently purchased a 1995 Allison XB-2003 Center Steer one owner and when purchased new it had a SuperMag 150 and then in 2001 the owner had a Evinrude 150 RAM Ficht installed and still runs great to this day. The boat was climate control stored its whole life and is in incredible shape and used as a bassboat and never ran faster than 24" prop and rev limiter would allow.

With the cost of New boats and engines the price in the used market follows,
I paid through the nose for that boat and there were three other buyers were after it.

Six months ago I purchased a 1996 Correct Craft for $13,500- in similar condition as the XB03 and with the comparable model is now selling for $60,000- in base form, that is a bargain at $13K.

I have a 1989 Allison XTB21 with the metal transom and that boat has had the snot ran out of it and is still solid as a rock, needs some TLC but still has a ton of value compared todays new prices.

BigT

SuperTim

I just recently purchased a 1995 Allison XB-2003 Center Steer one owner and when purchased new it had a SuperMag 150 and then in 2001 the owner had a Evinrude 150 RAM Ficht installed and still runs great to this day. The boat was climate control stored its whole life and is in incredible shape and used as a bassboat and never ran faster than 24" prop and rev limiter would allow.

With the cost of New boats and engines the price in the used market follows,
I paid through the nose for that boat and there were three other buyers were after it.

Six months ago I purchased a 1996 Correct Craft for $13,500- in similar condition as the XB03 and with the comparable model is now selling for $60,000- in base form, that is a bargain at $13K.

I have a 1989 Allison XTB21 with the metal transom and that boat has had the snot ran out of it and is still solid as a rock, needs some TLC but still has a ton of value compared todays new prices.

BigT
What kind of speeds are you seeing out of the 150 Evenrude/XB? Did you have the gear case modified for low water pickup?

I was thinking about the Merc 150 4 stroke (a bit on the heavy side). I figured I could put closed cell foam inside my engine set-back/above the skid planner and get another 50-70 lbs of float. (62.4.lbs/ft^3). I keep coming back to just putting a 115 on, and have a great fishing boat for a few years, or spend the money and put the promax back together (loved the power, hated the smoke).

Thanks for your post.

SuperTim

Yes, fill the void with foam. 1. it will float better. 2. every time you take off you are carrying/pushing that water/weight until it drains out.
I know I need to use closed cell foam (so it doesn't absorb water), but I can get it as sheets or as a two part liquid that will "fit" the void. My initial thought was to use EPDM roofing membrane (white side out) to build a pocket that will look good once done. Or I could just use a clear plastic bag (if it will handle the exothermic heat while the foam cures) and then "shave it" to look good.

I hear people have used "grade school" kick balls, but that leaves a lot of space (and buoyancy). But I guess you can always have a kickball game on the beach.

My other thought was to use sheets of the stuff to start at the bottom, and layer it. This would let me work around the setback bolts and possibly make a block that can easily be inserted or removed if I need to change setback.

Have you done this (or similar), what did you use and do you have any pics? I did fill the void between the skid plainer and it's top flat plate with blue foam board (just doing some research). but the big cavity behind the setback bracket holds a lot of water and is largely underwater when stopped. I figured I could get between 60 and 100 lbs of float by filling the setback (Water is 62.4 lbs/ft^3). Then I could run a new 150 four stroke without swamping.

I need to quit talking about this boat.....it's making me want to keep it!

Thanks for the post.

SLOmofo

This is my Champion. Filled and covered top to bottom. Used a chunk of blue dock floatation I found at the lake carved to fit in pieces. Plus dock bumpers at the bottom. I have tried the spray can insulation foam but if it is to thick it doesn’t solidify inside 1393413935139361393413935139361393413936

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I put a big ball in the jackplate of my xb2002. Deflated it a little to insert it, and reinflated it. I had to tie a couple ropes over it so it wouldn't work itself out when backing off the trailer. It's been there for several years now. The boat definitely floats higher in the back. If somebody over 200# takes a leak off the back of the boat the rub rail doesn't even go under water now, so I have been told...hahaha.

Terrence Cooper

Probationary User

IN UTAH:

Second owner (bought in 2013), Two covers (re-stitched original grey and new black Sunbrella), tandem axle trailer with 2016 tires/wheels (maybe 500 miles on them), new Bimini, ski tripod, Carpet in good condition, upholstery in good condition. Skid Planer, Land & Sea Jack Plate, Dual fuel tanks (7 and 30), 2 “bicycle” fishing seats and one folding chair style. Boat has a few scratches in the gel coat, the Plexiglas windscreen is oxidized and the trailer has some surface rust where the paint was chipped. Not perfect, but very nice for the age (I’d say a 7/10). Asking $14,000. Its shrink wrapped for the winter. I had to determine my keep/sell price and came up with $14k. Otherwise I will keep her and convert to full electric next winter (I have the ev batteries, just need to learn more about water safety and high voltage electronics), or rebuild the SuperMag.

Negatives:
  • Drivers seat faded and piping starting to fray (everything else is in great shape)
  • Maybe 4 or 5 scratches in the red gel coat, one nicked/dented the surface (size of a pea).
  • Starboard steering cable has wear from Promax steering nut rubbing it (see black tape).
Hard to part with as it was the only boat that would make everyone grin when you take them for a ride. (The Opti 115 shown is not included,,,,just testing it after I toasted the SuperMag)
Some Additional Pictures. I'll work on getting one of the bottom pad. (still snow on the ground here, so it might be a bit).

IN UTAH:

Negatives:

IN UTAH:

Negatives:
Hi,
I'm interested in yr XB 2003 I also live in SLC, UT can we set up a date and time to see the boat? Let me know tcooper300@yahoo.com