1992 xb 2002

Dave Hensley

This boat is a time capsule from 1992. Rigged just the way you want one to be done. No extra holes, hydraulic steering, 3 batteries, 12/24 OMC shorty, Allison plate, 3 folding seats, drivers bucket, original gauges, in dash flasher and it has both rear deck lids! It has that new money shine too. Boat and trailer only $10,950. PM or email sdhensley52@icloud.com for more info/pics.

I have a couple of motor options if you are looking for a turnkey rig.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ltcbutch

Whoever bought Tim's (thunter764) 2+2 needs to bite the bullet and put this one in the stable next to his.

Freebird

Why are you sad? Having a Big Mac attack? :big grin

Seriously, I like that color combo myself.

Jon

Supporting Member
I've been collecting stats on visits for this site. We simply do not get the traffic that a FB gets. Not even close. To start with, the FB group has 10x the users we have. Secondly, this forum is boat specific, while FB serves a number of purposes, so people use it more often.

18% of 25-34yr olds check Facebook before they even get out of bed in the morning, while another 30% check it before they leave for work. We can't compete on that front. What is good is that we have a number of users who do not use Facebook, so this site and sites like do constitute a distinct market. It only takes one buyer to make a seller happy, and that could come from anywhere :)

The way I see it, forums will not die. They serve a purpose that sites like FB can not meet. We have a non-linear data format, unlike FB, which makes it better for scalability. S&F has about as many members as the FB group, but sees MANY times the amount of posts. FB just isn't conducive to a lot of posts where a group can use it in a meaningful way.

Sorry for the hijack, Dave!

hirk

If fb has 10x the users then obviously only a minority are ally owners and much of the fb traffic is likely generated via people with a casual verses what id guess to be an opposite demographic here. The non linear data format here makes this far better for info. exchange as well so the member and visit count may be lower but the fb doesnt offer the detail.

fastallison21

SCREW FACEBOOK,who has time to relay everything you do during the day every hour on the hour,oh,people who dont work I'm gessing or have no life

Dave Hensley

I've been collecting stats on visits for this site. We simply do not get the traffic that a FB gets. Not even close. To start with, the FB group has 10x the users we have. Secondly, this forum is boat specific, while FB serves a number of purposes, so people use it more often.

18% of 25-34yr olds check Facebook before they even get out of bed in the morning, while another 30% check it before they leave for work. We can't compete on that front. What is good is that we have a number of users who do not use Facebook, so this site and sites like do constitute a distinct market. It only takes one buyer to make a seller happy, and that could come from anywhere :)

The way I see it, forums will not die. They serve a purpose that sites like FB can not meet. We have a non-linear data format, unlike FB, which makes it better for scalability. S&F has about as many members as the FB group, but sees MANY times the amount of posts. FB just isn't conducive to a lot of posts where a group can use it in a meaningful way.

Sorry for the hijack, Dave!
We have some catching up to do Jon or it will become an archive for information prior to 2013. It really fell off. Take this thread as an example. Check the number of inquiries that were made in actual response to the purpose of the ad. I listed it on FB and directed interested parties to this site. No one showed up. There were also no replies on S&F. One feature I think would be extremely helpful, although it can be annoying, is an email alert when a thread you are subscribed to gets hit. Maybe that is part of the big thing that is coming?

Now lets talk about what stirs your pot......

Jon

Supporting Member
If fb has 10x the users then obviously only a minority are ally owners and much of the fb traffic is likely generated via people with a casual verses what id guess to be an opposite demographic here. The non linear data format here makes this far better for info. exchange as well so the member and visit count may be lower but the fb doesnt offer the detail.
I was just telling someone this same thing. Qty does not equal quality for sure. Until a month ago, I would say that FB was FAR easier to join. This site is pretty easy now, and you really do not need a membership for most things as long as you do not need to post.

And 5 points to FlatOutAlly for the subscribe feature. It does indeed work. I use it all the time so that I can troll Dave :twisted evil

Dave Hensley

I was just telling someone this same thing. Qty does not equal quality for sure. Until a month ago, I would say that FB was FAR easier to join. This site is pretty easy now, and you really do not need a membership for most things as long as you do not need to post.

And 5 points to FlatOutAlly for the subscribe feature. It does indeed work. I use it all the time so that I can troll Dave :twisted evil
Try Yuengling light for bait. You will get more bites...I will keep tapping that FB button occasionally. Seems to be a little warm.