1989 Johnson GT 175 w/ Bob's LWP

XB03AllyProud

Exceptionally clean and well maintained. I just got this from FIL who bought it new. He had it on a '89 Allison XB2002T he ordered at same time. No hour meter but I have known history of this motor from day one. I really feel it could have no more than 150 hrs. Lower unit was sent to Bob's in '89 for LWP to be installed and the power pack went to Shawn at Rapair for Rev limiter removal. It has turned up to 62-6300 a few times but never held in there. FIL very particular about his stuff. Always kept in doors. Motor has never been into. 100-105 compression cold, No leakdown test yet. Hope to in couple weeks and warm comp #'s. Carbs pulled an cleaned, water pump new, CDI Timer base new in the month I have had it. It had been close to 10 yrs since actual use. 6 since started. I have ran 2 tanks so far and will run it till it sells so buyer can see it run. Bit cold natured but busts off with a bump when warm. I touched up a few paint areas but not all an reworked some on LWP and repainted it. Can't imagine too many left this clean and untouched internally. It would be great on a resto boat that needed correct era motor. Or an OMC motor diehard to buildup. I considered that as I have a line on 2.6 parts etc, but I am taking my Promax off the XB03 and rigging the XB02. I will be selling the XB03 in month or so. Plus again this is too nice for me to molest. I live in S.IL, boat at Cypress Cove on KY Lake and work in Washington Pa so I can work with delivery in these areas of the country. GT175 S.jpg GT175-F.jpg GT175-P.jpg GT175-Rear.jpg

I am asking $3500.00 OBO cash/cashiers check with shipping not included but negotiable. Just call and we can discuss motor and all aspects of terms. Comes with controls, VRO disabled from new-was never used. Roy Denton (618) 697-3176 cell. Lv message as sometimes I am in poor cell areas at work and I will return all messages. More Pictures in Album on BBC. I can take any other views needed and try a video in couple weeks also. Don't believe anyone will be disappointed that knows these motors and see's condition of this one.

Last edited:

ally2dextreme

Looks like its in great shape...do you know what you will be asking for the 03? Thanks