1987 XB2002 Bassracer owner

GaryCorbett

Hi all
I have had this boat since 2000. located in Nova Scotia - Canada. This was one of Steve Heintz boats in Indiana if anyone remembers him. I had this OMC 200 at the time so we rebuilt the engine and used it. Still runs well. Have enjoyed it a great deal but the wife doesnt like all the wind in her face.
IM000246.JPG

Last edited:

BigRWater

Hi all
I have had this boat since 2000. located in Nova Scotia - Canada. This was one of Steve Heintz boats in Indiana if anyone remembers him. I had this OMC 200 at the time so we rebuilt the engine and used it. Still runs well. Have enjoyed it a great deal but the wife doesnt like all the wind in her face.
View attachment 13176
I read somewhere that the Xb 2002 BR is harder to put a trolling motor on??? Is that true? What trolling motor do you have on there?

GaryCorbett

I read somewhere that the Xb 2002 BR is harder to put a trolling motor on??? Is that true? What trolling motor do you have on there?
Yes, wasnt easy. I mounted a sliding plate mount. So long ago dont remember the brand. You slide the troller out and then lock it. Then you can put the motor down. Troller needs repairs at the moment. Not working

GaryCorbett

To finish off what i have. The unit has a good bote mate trailer with imron paint. Also a heavy duty road cover.

BigRWater

Hi - black
Black, very good. I am looking for a super light weight boat for possibly fishing local tournaments.
If this is a XB 2002 Bass Racer? If so, does it have a livewell. I have read that some of these Bass Racer XB 2002 do not have livewells.
If it has a Livewell, can you tell me about it.

GaryCorbett

Black, very good. I am looking for a super light weight boat for possibly fishing local tournaments.
If this is a XB 2002 Bass Racer? If so, does it have a livewell. I have read that some of these Bass Racer XB 2002 do not have livewells.
If it has a Livewell, can you tell me about it.
It had no plumbing in the livewell when i got it. Same livewell as other 02s. I plumbed it. Works well. Before you get too excited. I am in nova scotia canada. Most people dont even know where that is. Go to www.mapquest.com and put in greenfield, nova scotia, canada. Ill bet that would be a 40 hour plus drive for you.

BigRWater

It had no plumbing in the livewell when i got it. Same livewell as other 02s. I plumbed it. Works well. Before you get too excited. I am in nova scotia canada. Most people dont even know where that is. Go to www.mapquest.com and put in greenfield, nova scotia, canada. Ill bet that would be a 40 hour plus drive for you.
56 hours according to mapquest... ...good news about the livewell though.