1984 Allison Craft WS-17

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now I really wish the other part of this forum with all the boat owner info was working. A guy real close to me has one of these for sale. Pics look decent too. He is original owner and it has a 1984 V6 Merc that was rebuilt a few years ago. I assume the transom is wood, anybody know for sure? Do the floors rot in these things too? Supposedly stored outside but covered up.
It ain't beat up but it looks like it will need buffed, carpet, and seats redone. I may have found a project boat. :)

Last edited:

RedAllison

Can't say that I've ever actually heard of a "WS 17". Is that the model number of the ultra rare 17ft bowrider that Darris built a handful of in the early 80s? If so yes they were wood structured.

If this is indeed the boat you are talking about then get in touch with member here "K oran", Kirk Oran. He and his father were Allison dealers for many years back in the early days and he's actually restored a 17 bowrider or two and I remember him telling me of one or two still sitting around the Knoxville area several years ago. He lives in Kingston, TN I believe.

Get some pics if you can, I LOVE these boats and nearly bought Kirks that he brought to the rally a couple of years ago but I just don't have the time for all the boats I have now so I hated to buy that one and it just sit for only 1-2 uses a year.

:beer:
RA