1983 17ft Allison Ski

K Oran

Up for sale 83 Allison Ski (Rare Boat) just completed 3 year restoration from ground up. Original trailer also. Motor is 1984 115 HP Inline 6 tower of power complete rebuild with approx. 3 hours on break in. This is original color on boat and is gel coat not paint. All new interior carpet, latches, upholstery, everything. Too much to list in this ad. Boat is located in Kingston, TN. Asking $6,500. For more info call (865) 376-1745 after 6pm or work (423)369-4300

P.S. Also many more pictures on national Allison Rally 2011. Special thanks ALLi-drenaline Rush, SSV 176 1988 and Silverbullet02 for the great pictures

Thanks,

Kirk

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

ROBERT CROSS

Holly cr@p forget a digit dig'a $6500.00 :shock:

Kirk,
Realize your labor isn't for nutt'n, But come on that is BEAUTIFUL.

There is a VERY lucky person out there somewhere. :very happy

You did a wonderful job!!!!

hullbilly

Having restored a Mirage years and years ago, I can fully appreciate the amazing job you did on this rig. I can't even imagine how much work was involved in that restoration! Great job and good luck with the sale!

Mark

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boat looks like it just came off the showroom! I can't believe that's the same boat that's in the first picture! Good luck with the sale!

Brian

RedAllison

:shock: Here we go again. Man I'm tryin to keep this one outta my head but then I log-in dis mornin and WHAMMALAMMA there she is again in all her beauty and presence! :surprised Someone HURRY UP and buy this, my ol lady will whup my azz if I bring another boat into the stable.

I REEEALLY don't need this, buuut... :banghead
RA

Hotprop

Administrator
Hey guys this is a awsome boat !! I have know Kirk for to many years to talk about and he doesnot cut any corners when he starts a job, you wont be dissapointed with this one !

GotMyAlly

If you don't spend your money on boats n stuff............you're ol' lady is just gonna waste it. Might as well beat her to the punch!

strip

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead Where was this boat a week and a half ago when I was looking to buy a ski boat!

msethsmile

Funny Guy
I didn't know allison made a legit open bow---very cool. Any perf #s w/ that 115?

Last edited:

RedAllison

I didn't know allison made a legit open bow---very cool. Any perf #s w/ that 115?
As it sits, it's a mid 50s boat. Darris said "best conditions" it should bust 60 with that motor. Pretty amazing for a deep, 17ft bowrider with a ol 115 tower of power. It's got the same basic bottom under it as the GT20 so they can run. They ran over 80 with 200s and faster with bigger motors. The motor just finished double oiling the tank previous to the rally last week so it's all essentially "brand new" and untested. Whoever buys this beaut will essentially have the honor of breaking it all in "again" now for it's "second life".

I appreciate Kirk calling me back yesterday, guys this boat is THE best Alli bowrider left on the planet! He explained to me that Bill Scates told him they couldn't 100% verify via paperwork or files (long ago stored/tucked away who knows where and obviously before computers) but they are pretty sure they only built around 24-25 of these hulls between 1976 and 1983. Bill also said he remembered rigging this exact boat at the factory back in 1983. Bill was pretty sure in recalling that THIS BOAT was THE LAST bowrider built as well!!! :cool: Darris sold the molds in the mid80s so THIS IS IT, NO MORE, come and get it and join perhaps THE most elite group of rare Allison owners. (Like many have said, they didn't even realize Darris ever built a boat like this! Most folks just have never heard of them before.)

I KNOW I'll regret this, but I'm going to pass on it for now as I simply don't have the time to justify getting it. :very sad My other 3 boats have been wet only 3-4 times each this year plus with my farm and kids I just don't have the time to use this beauty and I'd hate to relegate it to sitting, collecting dust in a corner of my garage. Someone needs to wheel this piece of history down the lake regularly and let folks know the Alli legacy is as awesome and strong as ever.

The boat is factory gel "cream and brown". Kirk found original Merc gages from that era so it all looks just like it would've when it left the plant. I'm sure as good as the pics show it, it's truly a work of art in person. :shock: Kirk and his dad were Allison dealers for many years in the Knoxville area and I believe he told me this was his 19th A-boat to rebuild as a hobby and past time. (Kirk's dad raced with Mr. Paul "way back in the day" as a matter of fact and is a "tower of power" authority.) Short of Darris redoing it, I doubt the boat could've been done ANY better by a more knowledgeable Allison person and the price sure doesn't reflect the manhours spent restoring this masterpiece.

SOMEONE please enjoy this beauty and hopefully bring it to Clifton in a few weeks so I can fondle her... :twisted evil
RA

Last edited: