1975 XST17 Resto - Getting Started - Need help

Marjae

Early XST, 75 build 76 hull stamp all stickers are 75 except for hull stamp. Original Orange/White with matching trailor. Seems unmolested except for 79 Johnson rig, not sure if was originally merc. Excellent shape for 35 yr old with most of the restore being filling holes in deck area and removing crappy carpet install and cleaning. One soft spot in back of cockpit flooring. Flipped hull and pad has been worked and bottom is true. Current weight is 975 with V4 xflow. Plan to make fast fun boat with limit resources. Got help building the xflow with big carbs, exhaust with stuffers, reeds and lightweight flywheel. 9 inch allison jackplate. Gorgeous Orange/white scheme. Some pics to start

Attachments

amosXB03

Good luck with the boat, love the orange and white. My father n law used to have a blue and white one with a big ole 235 hanging on the rear...SCARY fast...but it was not set up right. He used to catch the heck out of the bass in the ole rig though!

Chad Phillips

Did you buy this from a guy who lives in Louisville, TN, close to the Allison plant? Looks like a good project!!! Good luck with it!

bobain

Banned
That's gonna make a nice floater when done, congrats

allirule

Nice a-boat. If the floor is weak you might have to replace the plywood. Iam working on a 1979 xst 18 foot thats red and white. If i can help you with info let me know. And have fun.