150 pro xs 4 stroke on xb 2002

stuart gary

I have a 150 pro xs 4 stroke on a xb2002 running 78mph with 30 pitch chopper prop. prop shaft is 3 inches below the pad set back is 10inches. don't have a water pressure gauge yet to start coming up with the motor. any idea how much room is left with the set up before it blows out

stuart gary

Stock pro Xs lower with top holes blocked off stock lower has low water pick up from factory looks similar to torque master lower unit.

dubmoney

That is legit numbers for 150 hp. I don't know of any Rangers that will go that fast with 250 hp. I would be tempted to chase 82 mph, just so I knew I could take a skeeter, basscat and the like. I would add the bobs cone just so I could go up another 3 inches. If you want to just get a few, then block off top holes on the sides of the Lower unit, get a water pressure gauge, and go up until you start to see the pressure drop. It would be so fun to run upper 70s low 80s with a quite little 150 fourstroke.

stuart gary

It’s gonna get faster. Just started messing with it last week. Have to watch rev limiter to get more speed trying another prop this weekend Without a nose cone I’m kinda scared of it blowing out.

stuart gary

Acceleration is good. Not the same as running 1/8 or 1/4 mile races. The way the 4 stroke works is if you get quick hole shots you will hit the rev limit before you’re topped out. It’s definitely fun without all the noise. Just the sound of waves tapping on the bottom of the boat.

u12cworld

Hi, after I read your post, I am decided give marc 150 4 stroke a try on my xb2002, since I am getting older, speed is nice but I want more reliable.
I found a one dealer got new 150 4 stroke motor but not XS, I have 89 black max 200 with 3 props 26 trophy, 32 chopper, 31 Spinelli. that probably can not use. but do you think any of this prop will work? or any suggestion or pros and cons will be appreciated.
Thank you.

stuart gary

Hi, after I read your post, I am decided give marc 150 4 stroke a try on my xb2002, since I am getting older, speed is nice but I want more reliable.
I found a one dealer got new 150 4 stroke motor but not XS, I have 89 black max 200 with 3 props 26 trophy, 32 chopper, 31 Spinelli. that probably can not use. but do you think any of this prop will work? or any suggestion or pros and cons will be appreciated.
Thank you.
The gear ratio is different in the 150’s. The 26 trophy would probably be sufficient to carry a load and run well. I’m running light trying to get speed so I’m running high and big props. 30 pitch chopper however putting weight ( a couple people) makes it difficult to get on plane. Let me know if you’re interested in selling your 200. Thanks

u12cworld

Thank you for the reply,
I took out the boat last weekend and it over heat, and the some wire to melt so cut the wires thinking bad motor but after took it a part all other parts looks good. I had take the engine of from the boat without the engine hoist so it is in pieces.
this black man 200 had service done rebuilt all the carbs and replace electric parts cost me a $3500.00 two years a go. cylinders compression are good when service. it has low water pick up let me know if still interest on this motor, I was thinking before, buy same size motor and use this for parts.

what is pros and cons going to 150 4 stroke from 2 stroke motor? would you recommend 150 4 stroke, not XS?
yes my big 32 inch chopper is not good coming out of water also but spineilli is awesome all the way around and use it most of times. 26 inch trophie was used only 1 hour, my motor some how didn't like the prop.
sorry for not good English.

stuart gary

Pros
Thank you for the reply,
I took out the boat last weekend and it over heat, and the some wire to melt so cut the wires thinking bad motor but after took it a part all other parts looks good. I had take the engine of from the boat without the engine hoist so it is in pieces.
this black man 200 had service done rebuilt all the carbs and replace electric parts cost me a $3500.00 two years a go. cylinders compression are good when service. it has low water pick up let me know if still interest on this motor, I was thinking before, buy same size motor and use this for parts.

what is pros and cons going to 150 4 stroke from 2 stroke motor? would you recommend 150 4 stroke, not XS?
yes my big 32 inch chopper is not good coming out of water also but spineilli is awesome all the way around and use it most of times. 26 inch trophie was used only 1 hour, my motor some how didn't like the prop.
sorry for not good English.
pros for 4 stroke is you don’t have to mix oil and you don’t have the exhaust smoke. Cons for for stroke is you can’t turn the rpms that you can with 2 stroke.not 100% sure but some differences between 150 and the 150 pro XS is the xs turns more rpm and might possibly have carbon fiber reeds where the 150 doesn’t. And the lower units may have different gears. might still be interested in your 200 if the price is right.

stuart gary

raised the 4 stroke up 1 1/4 inch so now its only 1 3/4 below the pad. drives much easier not quite like riding on a marble anymore

stuart gary

everything is still good. not much change in hole shot. mid range and top end is where the difference is noticeable

u12cworld

Thanks. I be installing 10 inch jack plate tomorrow.
Regular 4-stroke engine has 1 low water pickup on top side of gearcase so thinking drill little bigger with angle. Also going to try to go 2 inch below the pad with top 3 hole plugged.
Engine lift ring over $200 for 4 stroke engine. So made my own for $5.
Here is picture hope this help someone.

Attachments