116 MHP !!!!!!!!

M-Wiggy

Today, Some fellow Allison owners and I went to Keowee to do some testing. I have a 2003 with a slightly modified 280, and I thought that my boat was fast...NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kam Handerson has a 2002 with a Drag 300 on it....WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That boat with a Hoss 14.5X30 pitch prop takes off harder than anything Ive ever sat my butt in !!!!!!!! Kam let me make a blast in it, so the first pass was 108. the second pass was 112, and the last pass was 114 with "2" Garman GPS's in the boat. So not to be out done, Kam got back in it and made about 5 or 6 passes, and returned with a 116 mph blast !!!!!!!!!!!

I have the pic's of the GPS and Video for any non-believers as well. One thing that scard the crap outta me is when I was running 114, I had to bump the trim one more time, then oddly enough, the Left side of the boat would drop.

Thank you Kam for allowing me to drive that "BEAST". but, I am humbled to the fact that my ole 2003/280 feels like a tank now.

Matthew H. Wiggins

xb2003

Holy moly....Big brass set.... Just jumped right in there and ran 108! You da man. Not to mention the 116 pass...Thats smokin!

J

John Richied

Right on baby…. We don’t need to see the proof on GPS, but thanks.

Smokin for sure! :mrgreen:

What gearcase was Kam running and what modifications to the gearcase?

116 mph is smokin, but with a 300 Merc Drag on an XB-2002 I bet there is more.

And the best part… you CAN fish out of this 116 mph bassboat, but you have to get her down under 70 mph to do it… LOL :wink:

M-Wiggy

116 MPH !!!!!!!!

John,

Im 99% sure it has the Sportmaster stock out of the box lower unit. We were at 797 feet above sea level, with a 14.5 X 30 Hoss turning 8800 RPM,s. Dude that motor is unbelievable. Also the boat is easier to drive 114 than my 2003 is at 90 !!!!!!!!! I bet the red boat with bumped up compression and a SVS intake is a ride as well. I would love to know what your top speed numbers are.

Matt

GotMyAlly

There's a guy I bump into on pickwick occassionally running a 2002/300 drag. When I hear him coming (and you can hear him from a long way off), I shut it down, drop the trolling motor, and grab a rod.

M-Wiggy

LOL Got my Ally,

That's funny....I know the feeling. I learned how bad a 2002 will dog a 2003 this weekend.

J

John Richied

I’m not really set up for top speed... more for acceleration. I can reach the hundred-mark time after time, not just once in a while. My reasoning for that is the drag races we have every May at the W.A.R. and if you take a boat that accelerates hard to the hundred mark and one that reaches say 103-105 it’s going to take him a lot of lake to hunt you down. More often then not after a mile or two of running you have to let off for a barge wake, corner, etc and then its back on it and acceleration is king.

With an XB-2002 and a 225 with bolt on mods there are plenty of guys who will respect you that run 260’s, 280’s and 300 ProMax’s on all different brands of bassboats including Allisons and sport boats.

Before I go and set up for some true top speed numbers like Kam I really want a modified 260 or 300 drag. The reason for this is to reach high speeds you need much more horsepower then I am pushing to do it somewhat safely. When you run an engine pushing limited horsepower say 250ish and keep jacking up the propshaft height and modifying the skeg and such you are more likely to find yourself in a situation where you are going to get wet at high speed.

While this might sound like and excuse I have talked in person and on-line to speed record holders who have plates in their face from reconstructive surgery and are luck to be alive… With that being said if I had a 260 or 300 Merc Drag built by Jay Smith Racing Engines you can bet your bottom dollar I would be at the World Record Setting Bassboat runs this week giving it all I had.

M-Wiggy

Ally2dextreme.......Im not sure that foot is a stock sportmaster, I'll ask Kam what it is. I do know that is a "Small" foot. I thought all sportmasters were small foot units. As for the video, I will send it to Kev and have him post it.

The day we all ran on Keowee, Shook was there and had just made some passes in his boat. Congratulations Dave on the record !!!!! I would like to know which prop you used in those runs, I figure it was the Mazco.

Also Ally to dextreme.....One evening when you gat a chance, would you mind giving me a call....I can never seem to reach you.

Matthew.

Yellowallison

Bout right for 300/2002..

thatz hailin tha mail.. for sure... way to go WIGGY! sounds like yall had it get'n JIGGY!

CMON PINKIE....... Quit yur ramblin bout a slowMAx 225 runin 100! ............ :p :p :p ....... cuz Yu would know FAST even if it bit yu on tha arzzzz!

but Yur gunna see fast with Livewells when I roll in at the WAR with tha XX RUNNIN YY BOAT! :p :p

GET R DUN!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) I'm LOVIN IT!

GotMyAlly

NO, I've talked to Hoffman a few times but that is not who owns this particular 2002/300. I forgot the guys name, but he lives in AR, just over the bridge from Memphis.

M-Wiggy

1BADSS,

Your talking about Rattlesnake Ridge !!!! LOL....Thursday night, I walked out to my truck and heard one !! Call me when you go to the lake dude.

yellow20XD,

I will send it to Kev as soon as I figure out how...

M-Wiggy

1BADSS,

Your talking about Rattlesnake Ridge !!!! LOL....Thursday night, I walked out to my truck and heard one !! You want same pictures???...OK, When I see another one, I'll send em. Call me when you go to the lake dude.

yellow20XD,

I will send it to Kev as soon as I figure out how...