08 college football

amosXB03

All the preseason predictions are out.....looks like it is shapping up to be a heck of a year, little less than a month before kick off. I can hardly wait to tailgate, watch the tigers run down the hill and see where this season takes em. Hopefuly, they can learn to put games away this season, given no bad decisions.

I don't know about Clemson winning the ACC, the lines are a little young, but otherwise they are stacked. More talent then they have ever had. I will be there regardless, and would love to go to Tampa this year.

Go Tigers!

Brack

yep......Football season is upon us.....got my High-school tickets last week,.....The SOONERS will have a great year....Tulsa is expected to win their Conference.......and the O-State cowboys are gett'in better........ and my grandsons 6th grade team is going to kick sum booty this season also..........lol

Yup.....Iam ready...........are you????

"READY FOR SUM FOOTBALL"

hack02

Clemson will be here in Atl at the Ga Dome for their season opener against Alabama. Should be a dandy. Anybody thinking of going to this game the Ga Dome is a great place. Not a bad seat in the house. I've watched several SEC Championships games there. Just don't get mugged by Atlantas finest outside.
GA travels to Arizona state and TN travels to UCLA. Both should be good games. I personally don't think AZ St. can handle GA's pass rush but we'll see. And the other game---Tn has an unproven but highly touted QB. He better grow up quick, experience wise, (he is a senior), because Fla. is looming 2 games after UCLA, and you know they'll be ready. Also mark your calender for the Fla--GA game later in the year. Fla. will be wanting a little revenge for last years game. Also, early in the year USC plays Ohio St.. Big game, national implications.
Football season; my bookee is already counting my money.

amosXB03

I will be there, hopefuy the Tigers will pull this one out, the Ga DOme has not been kind in th past.

GA / FLA is huge this year would love to go to the cocktail party.

I still have yet to make a Vol game, tailgating on the river and all.

RedAllison

ALWAYS ready for some football...

GOOOOOOOOOOO VOLS, (even if we iz STILL stuck with fatboy Fulmer :embarassed )
RA

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Well the USA Today Coaches Poll came out today and guess what? My Dawgs are ranked #1! Preseason polls are stupid but, at least I have lived long enough to see my Dawgs ranked #1!!!!

Georgia #1 in coaches' preseason poll.

1. Georgia

2. USC

3. Ohio State

4. Oklahoma

5. Florida

6. LSU

7. Missouri

8. West Virginia

9. Clemson

10. Texas

11. Auburn

12. Wisconsin

13. Kansas

14. Texas Tech

15. Virginia Tech

16. Arizona State

17. Brigham Young

18. Tennessee

19. Illinois

20. Oregon

21. South Florida

22. Penn State

23. Wake Forest

24. Michigan

25. Fresno State

RedAllison

Looky there we ranked above South Florida, Wake Forest and Fresno State!!! We in some DAMN good company aint we? :embarassed:help

Anyone lookin for a fat, washed up, past his prime, ancient game coach? I'll personally deliver him for FREE!!! :at the bar
RA

ps
Since we even ranked 1 behind BYU I'll throw in a keg of beer (your choice) to sweetin the deal...

Crazyoz

Banned
Well the USA Today Coaches Poll came out today and guess what? My Dawgs are ranked #1! Preseason polls are stupid but, at least I have lived long enough to see my Dawgs ranked #1!!!!

Georgia #1 in coaches' preseason poll.

1. Georgia

2. USC

3. Ohio State

4. Oklahoma

5. Florida

6. LSU

7. Missouri

8. West Virginia

9. Clemson

10. Texas

11. Auburn

12. Wisconsin

13. Kansas

14. Texas Tech

15. Virginia Tech

16. Arizona State

17. Brigham Young

18. Tennessee

19. Illinois

20. Oregon

21. South Florida

22. Penn State

23. Wake Forest

24. Michigan

25. Fresno State
I agree with #1 but cant figure out #3 and #5. Florida will make a good run this year and Ohio State well what can you say. They need to prove they deserve to be there. Getting your buts kicked two years in a row real bad means you have not earned your ranking, but their they are again. Sportscenter loves them and cant stand the SEC. No matter I will say the winner of the Georgia and Florida game will probably be a good bet this year. Cant wait to see my Vols play this year. We finally get the right QB on the field and not ole sissy boy Ainge again. Crompton can play and should have started last year. He looked good in the orange and white game this year and the defense looked alot better this year to. Who knows the big orange just might suprise some people this year even after the worst recruiting sesson I can ever remember. I love College football and wish everyone the best. See ya in the stands or on the river.:beer:

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
The Vols scare me. They have kicked the crap out of us the last 2 years. We have lost to the Gators more over the last 6 years but, they never beat us bad. The Vols have made us look stupid the last few years.

RedAllison

HERE HERE Ricky!!! :at the bar

THANK GOD Ainge the mainge is gone. That boy couldn't throw a party. :banghead

But like you said, our recruiting now has GONE TO ****!!! One of the largest, storied and monied football programs in the nation and we've let a fat, holdover from Johnny Majors' day RUIN the damned place. Gonna take a new coach a SEVERAL good seasons to turn the damned program around. :very sad

I can feel my blood pressure spikin, I'm goin to bed!!!
RA

TBuck2003

Easy Ozzman,
While they have played terrible two years in a row,does not mean you are not deserved of a pre season ranking.Last year we were picked third in the big ten,we were not a good football team last year,we played over are heads the entire year,and that sat backed and watched as everyone else crumbled like a deck of cards at the end.Did they deserve to be there probably not,but the way this stupid system is you best not lose at the end or your done.They have a much better team this year more experienced so we will see what happens.Big game at USC third week I believe so we will find out real quick.ESPN does not hate the SEC thats all we here about up by us and deservedly so,but you cant lose at the end of the season period.Not saying I agree just the way it is.Good luck to all,and let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TBuck

amosXB03

This is supposed to be fun stuff besides boating..........now ya'll gotta start talking about firing folks and such.....have to admit I have uttered more than one profanity due to apparent coaching blunders or at the team when they were not motivated.

RedAllison

amos for a few of us we're talking about SEC football, that's the SECOND RELIGION in the south!!! Coaches and their performance expectations is right up there with politics, Jesus and momma... HEATED topics at the supper table!!! :at the bar

And alot of us mean EVERY :cuss WORD about firing our favorite schools coaching staff when they deekoff like Fulmer and his Follies have for so long... :mad:
RA

Leigh

:beer:Well I gotta say it ROLL TIDE!!! We are gonna be better than anyone thinks this year.

I can't believe we southerners have to explain that SEC is a religion around here!!!!!! We take it seriosly, on any given Saturday nothing is a sure thing in the SEC. We are such a tough conferance that we beat up on each other each week when one or two teams are left standing at the top they have proved themselves!!!!!Not like those other conferances where one team always outshines the others and rack up points on lesser rival and make the BCS(Bull^&%$) go crazy.

amosXB03

Hey brother.....I understand the religion aspect, my blood runs Orange, just not Tennessee Orange. I am looking forward to watching the Tigers take the field this year with the hope they can live up to preseason hype. They definately have talent across the board, kinda weak on offensive line, but I don't wanna hear excuses, I want to see results.....would love to go to Tampa this year.

The season starts in just a few weeks, Thursday the 18th with USC and NC State.

Any of you guys seen the 2008 Helment Schedule, master schedule of all conferences, games, oponents, etc.....If anyone wants one let me know.

amosXB03

Another thing my inlaws (or outlaws are USC) so I know all about heated super table discussions, almost ruined Thanksgiving last year!

amosXB03

Didn't ruin Thanksgiving this year since the wife outlawed ALL football discussion. Little disappointed that my Tigers didn't finish as strong as I thought they would, gave up the bowl game.....hats off to Nebraska (guess were kinda even). Recruiting is going to be interesting this year with all of the coaching changes around the southeast.

One thing I will say I sure am glad the Vols got Kiffin, thought he was coming to Clemson (close call), we'll see what Dabo can do.