Search results

1. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

My 1998 150 Super Mag(with 2.5L EFI, 2.0 H/D Torque Master gearcase) sadly is down. Looks like it is time for new power given the price for new 150 EFI powerhead, oor fix and repair, etc. The compression is up,but Glenn and Jeff C. suspect plastic bearing cages have failed with bad crank...
  2. A

Softouch Boat Cover

I learned from Bill at Allison Boats that they are now using Softouch material for their XB Allison boat covers. When I asked about Sunbrella again for my 21 XTB, Bill said that recent price increases now make the Allison Sunbrella cover nearly as much as the same Allison XTB cover with the...
  3. A

Outboard Engines, Winterize

My boss who bought a new pontoon early last spring with a 140hp 4-stroke outboard asked me in the hall what to do to winterize. We are in Knoxville, Tennessee. I told him some around here use STA-BIL in the fuel system. And, I went into how left outside batteries generally would not freeze...
  4. A

Claude Fox, Knoxville, Tennessee

We were saddened to learn that Mr. Fox passed December 1, 2007, at age 99. Services are this evening at Rose Mann here in Knoxville. He had a long career as an early powerboat racer, marine dealer, Chief Executive of the National Outboard Association, and in later years a remarkable...
  5. A

New Mercury 175 Pro XS

Will there be that much interest in this one by Allison owners? Pricey at $11,800. 175 Pro XS model seems to be a consumer bassboat type engine without solid mounts and apparently does not turn that many RPMs. Might be suitable with solid mounts for the SS-2000 or as a famliy, ski...