Search results

1. K

Rhino aluminum boats

Any of you fellas have experience with these hulls.. It would be for utilitarian fishing, and that means heavy stump useage at times.. Normally don't like aluminum for stumps because they dent up and affect performance... The rhino's are .125" on the bottom, and I'm wondering how well the resist...
  2. K

mpg

Anybody got some info on the economy of the xb02-xb03.. Just with basic fishings loads.. If this has been well covered before, then a link would be great and I'll erase this one.. Thanks
  3. K

Supporting vendo

How much to advertise professional services.? Thanks
  4. K

Yamaha help

Got a good friend with a 2001 Yamaha 150... It comes out of the hole fine, but layes over immediately after planing off.. It never dies, but won't pull up past about 2500(ish)rpms... From the fuel tank to the reeds has all been replaced new, and he feel the diaphram in the fuel pump is good...
  5. K

MinnKota Powerdrive V2

Looking at maybe putting a trolling motor on the xb02... Looking at something in the 45-55lbs. thrust range with foot control... Anybody tried the V2 that steers electrically..? I love the concept because I don't care for heavy pedals and overswing, but not sure how the electric steering system...
  6. K

SS2000 cover

Anybody got a nice used one free of dirt/grit laying around..? Thanks, Kevin..
  7. K

Breakaway mount TM...

What trolling motors that ya'll know of that are in the 50ish-55ish lbs. category that have a breakaway mount..? I'd prefer a MinnKota, but a Motor Guide would work as long as it has a decent reputation for reliability, and very most importantly needs to have a quite squeek and clunk free mount...
  8. K

XB02 hull bottom strength...

I was fishing today in the old man's Ranger on some stumpy river backwater... As I rub, crawl and bump over stumps while idling I can't but think about the guy's that fish hard with their Allisons... When I got back home I compared the bottoms of my XB02 comp with the 1993 360v Ranger and the...
  9. K

James McMurtry

Who can't relate to this guy's talent and lyrics..? There are just sooooooo many on the radio these days that will simply fall short of this guy from shear lack of talent... Listen to his other stuff too, he's underrated... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1DqlwD5dtY
  10. K

Ridgid Power Tools... (corded only)

What's your experience with them... I know they have the optional lifetime service warranty, but I'm unsure about the details of that and whether or not a consumer would get the runaround on that... Do they seem to hold up well to common sense usage, or are they just DIY throwaway junk... Even...
  11. K

Cool little car

Finally, an open aired car that similate what a fast boast feels like, although it would be waaaaay faster than mine I do like the rat-ta-tat-tat of smoking over a little wind chop... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0PDkfBgC_w&NR=1&feature=endscreen
  12. K

Winternationals

Looks like the the outboards (Allison to be specific) held all the mudsuckers at bay at the winternationals in Houston... Our very own "Patches" dragged his ratty ol' XR-01 new fangled speedboat down there with new muffler bearings and a 3/4 race cam to come out victorious... I didn't go see...
  13. K

Neat Ranger boat video

I guess they were just doing some hull testing back in the day, pretty fun to watch... The video is about 13 minutes of the same type riding, but the driver starts to push the boat a little harder around 11:45... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqj7cpsSg28&feature=related
  14. K

What size batteries..?

This for an 80 lbs. thrust Minn Kota 24 volt... I'm not interested in a super high $$ pair of batts, just would like to know what size do I need for a solid replacement... Thanks..
  15. K

2001 Dodge Cummins won't turn over

Everything has been fine until all the sudden one morning the engine won't roll over, like the starter isn't getting power.... Batteries are fully good and I've got full power everywhere else, but when I turn the key absolutely nothing happens - not even a click... I can't find any blown fuses...
  16. K

28" pitch prop/ 2" jackplate spacers

I'd like to hear whatcha got in terms of a 28" pitch prop... I'd like a 14.5" HOSS Triton or a Chopper(stock or cut -depending)... Nothing in poor condition, appearance or in need of repair... I'd also like a set of 2" jackplate spacers to increase setback... Needs to be in at least good...
  17. K

Where are the BassRacer owners

I'd like to look at one of these hulls up close to get a feel for how they're built... Just wondering where the Owners are out there, and the closer to Shreveport , La. the better... Thanks Ya'll...
  18. K

Brand new 12" Slidemaster JP

This 12" jackplate has has just come off of a brand new boat, never entered into the water... It is the natural aluminum finish without a blemish that I know of... It also has the E-Ladder bracket ($215) that mounts on the side for getting into the boat while on the water and it's also brand...
  19. K

Fuel tank installation in SS2000

Can anyone shed any light on the type of hardware I need to mount a factory(ish) size tank in an SS2000... I've bought a new 22 gal tank, but can't see a "right" way to mount the tank without alot of shimming the floor to level the tank... The floor in the bilge looks to really be lacking any...
  20. K

Allison foot throttle

Does it lag into the floor, or machine bolt..? Can the standard "bottom mount" throttle cable attatch to a "top mount" foot throttle as well..? Thanks, Kevin