Search results

1. S

Old Ally found on craigslist.

I didn't know where to post this and I don't have selling right but I came across this this morning and thought someone might be interested. http://gulfport.craigslist.org/boa/4038622929.html Have a good day ... Mike
  2. S

XTB-21 adding a ski pole.

I want to install the ski pole on my XTB-21. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what or where I should get one from ??? Is this a Bill thing or should I look aftermarket. Thanks ... MIKE
  3. S

XTB-21 and Lowrance Elite 5 DS gps fishfinder.

Reading about the installation of my transducer on my new Elite 5 DS fishfinder, it reads that it can be mounted thru hull but the image is greatly diminished. Can I mount a bracket on my transom as the instructions say. My XTB-21 is an 88 and has a non wood transom. Can I drill into it and...
  4. S

Plastic polishing.

So I bought a used camper shell that has 4 bubble windows that are milked over. I bought some plastic polish and used it on one spot and it seems to work okay. At the rate I'm going it'll be two months to do 20 sq. ft. Does anyone have hints to help me get this done nicely and quicker. I have an...
  5. S

XTB-21 and tubing.

This may sound like a simple question but my family wants to use the Ally for tubing or knee boarding. How do y'all pull ??? On my Bullet I had the harness that floated behind the motor. My Ranger had the pole for the back seat. Can that be done the XTB or should I just use the harness ??? Mike
  6. S

XTB-21 Gas Tank Vent Issue

On my 88 XTB-21 I have issues with gas leaking from the vent. Is this a normal issue and if so what can I do to either raise the vent and not make it look bad or make the issue stop ??? Thanks ...
  7. S

XTB-21 Lid latches.

I have the dreaded trip hazard latches. Is there any place to get flush mount replacements. Thanks ... Mike:help
  8. S

Latches on an XTB-21

My XTB has the dreaded latches that pop up everytime you step on them. I've been looking on the internet for replacements but can't seem to find the dinosaurs. Anyone know of a replacement that the release button is flush ??? Thanks ... Mike
  9. S

Trophy Plus 27P

Trophy Plus 27P 9/10. Flo torq and with pvs. 325 to your door. Pics available on request. Thanks SOLD THANKS ...
  10. S

XTB-21 Driving experience.

So today I had the chance to take my boat out for the first time and learn to drive it. WOW ... different would be the best way to put it so far. Boat was basically empty other than myself so no weight on passenger side. I could run her up to about 5800-6000 @ around 79.5 mph gps before...
  11. S

Steering wheel needed.

Adding hydraulic steering and the old Ally steering wheel won't work. Anyone have something laying around I could buy. If you have a pic it would be great. Thanks ... Mike This is on an XTB-21.
  12. S

XTB-21 Steering issues.

Hey guys, just took my boat to my mechanic and found out I need new steering cables. I currently have the old Rod Glide by quicksilver on my boat and he says he can't find parts for it. Do y'all know of where I might find those cables. He says that hydraulic will be hard to install because of...
  13. S

Shipping a motor.

I am buying a used pro max with alien cowling from a seller on here. I will be picking it up as his house. Can the pan be removed without taking power head off ? I'd like to make sure nothing is damaged during the transportation.
  14. S

1988 xtb-21

Okay guys, Just bought a used XTB-21 and currently have no motor. Once the Bullet is gone I'll be looking at getting one. I was intrigued by the Pro XS 175 with the thought of the gas mileage. However, I see most people opt for the 2.5's. Seems like the obvious choice. What do y'all recommend...