Search results

1. R

Engine temps with stock promax

You guys who are running 225 promax motors with stock cooling , with thermostats and poppit, what are your temps idling in say ,75 degree water?
  2. R

Saw an xtb on Loudon lake.

I was down at Fort Loudon lake a few days ago and saw a grey and white XTB. That's only the third Allison I've seen this season. When I got my XB a year ago, I figured there would be lots of Allisons , or maybe I'm just at the lake at the wrong times.
  3. R

Warning module.

What's involved in adding a head over temp warning module on a promax 225? I recently purchased an xb2003 . I discovered that there is no warning module . It has the oil injection delete. The only temperature monitoring is a sensor on the top of the starboard head. One tan colored wire goes to...
  4. R

Downloaded service manuals, good or not so good??

I'm thinking of downloading a service/ repair manual. I would love hear from folks who have them .
  5. R

Offshore midsection?

What is the purpose of an offshore midsection? My boat has a 2.5 and is loud. Will changing it out to through the hub exhaust quiten it down and how big of a job is it to change?
  6. R

Allison owner

I'm officially an owner. Picked up yesterday.
  7. R

Xtb21 ,xb2002 or xb2003?

Hi all. I'm trying to decide between the xtb21,xb2002 or an xb2003. I'm mainly going to fish out of it but occasionally take the wife for a cruise. I would be interested in you guys thoughts on those boats , including but not limited to fishability, rod and tackle storage, and just overall room...
  8. R

Hello everyone.

I've been out of boating for 20 years and after recently retiring ,the bug has bitten me again. I don't presently own an Allison, but am actively searching for the right boat. I've wanted an Allison since the first one that I laid eyes on. I'm not sure which model would best suit me yet. I've...