Search results

1. FloridaGS

Stereo install, cut no holes for speakers

Thank you very much. If there is any other details I can provide let me know. I did take the opportunity when I did the install of the stereo to upgrade the electrical to two batteries and a house and start circuit.....with a automatic relay switch between...I did a separate posting for that...
  2. FloridaGS

Fair Market Value of Allison I want to sell?

Well, I think you owe some more info..pictures, specs...then you can begin a real conversation. Please Sir, provide more.
  3. FloridaGS

New Years day in Florida

Happy New year JR, where abouts were you out? This weather has been great, looks like we may have our only 2 days of cold weather for the winter this weekend....gotta love Florida.
  4. FloridaGS

Made me a new windshield for my XB2003

Well hats off to you, it looks perfect. Good job!
  5. FloridaGS

Made me a new windshield for my XB2003

Perfect fit and finish....great job. I have a gs and have thought about making one myself, how did you do the bends?
  6. FloridaGS

23' Grandsport

Well it makes for a good story for the new folks to follow...been reading this thread for a long time myself.
  7. FloridaGS

New GS need help on setup

I will be at Rock bluff on Saturday by 12pm...Suwannee is my home river, Hope to see some Allisons for a change...ps. my girlfriend tells some good jokes...lol..if you laugh you owe me a beer:)
  8. FloridaGS

SetBack / Offset more or less?

10-4, always wary about any passengers, had owned 90 MPh plus boats since 1988, though the Allison is light to the extreme and can run the foot to its cavitation limit, thus hooking. Other boats I have owned, like a 19 Action with a 280, would never hook, so the hull is the difference here. A...
  9. FloridaGS

LU crack

Weld a gusset in on the rear as you see on Wall to the rear. Use a sealer on the inside..if that does not hold, then weld the inside radius and die grind it down, which will be hard to make seal worthy. hopefully the first option holds.
  10. FloridaGS

Good point on the bow drop when coming off speed. I had that in mind when I decided to add another 150ish to the rear of the boat in hope of making it more manageable, and anti hooking..
  11. FloridaGS

Well I am glad your ok...only pdfs I have are jet ski types..at least it may have limited safety, I need to wear it for sure...and yes you can feel it, I have been lucky, but I am jot hoping to count on it.
  12. FloridaGS

New GS need help on setup

I'm in Gainesville , what are some of the details?
  13. FloridaGS

LU crack

Can you put a picture up...I got a few years as a professional machinist and welder in my past, could provide my 2 cent.
  14. FloridaGS

Now that's the biggest number I read so far...how violent were the hooks, and what was the speed..all over 80 90, 100 etc...and any threw you? you use a pfd and or a helmet? thanks for sharing the info...I felt mine begin a few times, gently let off, so no damage yet, but I want to be prepared...
  15. FloridaGS

When I got my boat it was bare empty, and for my comfort too weight sensitive. I loaded two batteries in the rear starboard, toolbox in the rear port. 12 inch bass box in the rear starboard with a charger too..about an extra 150 pounds...the boat now is more rearward balance, comes off a high...
  16. FloridaGS

Trailer Design - Matching Trailer To Boat For Proper Support

That is the fix for sure. Did you block the roller up with a bar of steel? Also Gordon, although it may have come from the factory with the round roller, I reviewed the v bow bumpers again last night, and it does look like the initial design was for those...one of them would close the gap, but...
  17. FloridaGS

Gordon, I did look at taking the route of a larger front roller (yes I have the same issue you pictured), and could not find a roller alternative. After taking measurement on the gap, I noticed that the mounting tab were bowed out...so I concluded the trailer must have had a black rubber v...
  18. FloridaGS

Notice when you crank it all the way down how the trailer flexes downward. Never seen that on any other boat trailer I have owned. I do not crank it down, but wished the nose was on a bumper. If the front bumper could adjust we would not have this conversation...so how can we make it adjustable...
  19. FloridaGS

Allison's chilling in the springs

Did you drop in at Palatka? Btw, try Corky Bells in Palatka, nice stop on the river half mile south of the bridge on North shore.
  20. FloridaGS

Allison's chilling in the springs

That sounds like a nice trip Jr...which Springs are ya^ll at?