1. Mav73

LOOKING FOR AN XB2003 WITH OR W/O POWER

1999 xb2003, with 2012 3.2 liter 300,, 200hrs on motor 337 802 0856
  2. Mav73

250XS on a 2003 or 2003 - HELP

No just an 8 hole I heard the 4 holes are a dog out the hole
  3. Mav73

I run a 29 pitch ally cut chopper most of the time. I've ran a 30 promax and I like it the best. The 33 hydromotive is the fastest I've ran. The 32 et is supposed to be the fastest but I've never ran one. MY FAVORITE PROP IS THE 30 PROMAX. I'M SAVING MY MONEY TO BUY ONE , it's an all around...
  4. Mav73

Jason wolfe has a xb02 with a 250 yamaha sho on it and I think it's the same weight as the 300xs . he loves it , no problems
  5. Mav73

I have my 300xs 12 inches back on my 03 with both skid planner and hydrofoil on, no backwash. take the skid planer off and leave hydrofoil on it gets back wash. skid planer on ,hydrofoil off gets no back wash. so as I see it the skid planer is the main player in the back wash problem...
  6. Mav73

What engine height were you running , I was at 12 inches setback and 1 inch above pad I have since moved in to 10 inches set back and same engine height didn't really see any difference
  7. Mav73

Trailer Design - Matching Trailer To Boat For Proper Support

With the boat setting on the trailer in the correct position ,I measured roughly from the roller to the eye. Came out to 1.5 inch. Then I cUT the plates that holds the bow roller. I cut some 1/4 bar stock 3.5 inches long, and welded them to the pieces I had cut off. Then I slid them back into...
  8. Mav73

Trailer Design - Matching Trailer To Boat For Proper Support

My bow eye was 3.5 inches above my roller. I spaced the back of the vertical e bunks up 1 inch. This brought the bow down closer to the roller and raised the boat off of the bottom rollers and the horizontal boards. Then I cut the bow roller off and extended it 1.5 inches. The trailer now...
  9. Mav73

There's no excuse for this crap!

Got the boat back on the trailer , weight setting on vertices boards , not touching the rollers and barely touching the horizontal boards. Abbey 1 1/2 in. To the flat bars that hold the bow roller. Sits perfect
  10. Mav73

Right now the boat is off the trailer im changing bolts on horizontal boards and broken rollers. The front and rear of the vertical boards were sitting flat on the trailer. Guess I'm going to have to pick both ends up to get it off the rollers and horizontal then maybe re fab the bow stop...
  11. Mav73

Yes. A little.
  12. Mav73

I have the opposite affect. My bow rides 3 to 4 inches above my bow roller stop. I picked the back of the vertical board up an inch and the eye is still an inch above the roller. I need to pick up the front to get it off the roller and horizontal boards ,this will make it worse. ???????
  13. Mav73

Jasper River Run

I have a 300xs on a xb03 it's really good on gas, maybe bring some octane booster,or that race gas stuff and add it to the 87
  14. Mav73

Jasper River Run

Thanks for the info. I can't wait
  15. Mav73

Jasper River Run

I'm planning on going to the jasper river run this year in October. Any info would be appreciated. What time does everyone leave the launch, or is it everyone leaves spratically like a bunch of ants. Is there gas along the way? Thanks for any info
  16. Mav73

3.2 on an xb2003

The only difference I've seen between the 2.5 and the 3.2 is, when your making a sharp turn, like turning around in a river at 25 -30 mph. The back of the boat kinda slides a little. Before with the 2.5 it would grab and turn really hard.
  17. Mav73

3.2 on an xb2003

I'm running 12 inches . 3\8 below the pad, I haven't ran my chopper yet I would imagine it will be good at even with the pad.
  18. Mav73

3.2 on an xb2003

I've been running my boat for a few weeks now, and I believe gotmyally is correct. I don't feel ant difference between the 225 promax and my 3.2 300 when slowing down from speed. Only been to 91 ish but had no issues with non ratcheting gearcase
  19. Mav73

3.2 on an xb2003

Thanks for yall replies