Search results

1. Z

DDT Setup

I've got a DDT that I no longer need up for sale. It is the newer style with the 2 pin cable and the outboard V5.0 cartridge. I have all the documentation with it as well. Works great, I just sold my boat, so I may as well sell this. I'll list it here to give you guys the first crack at it...
  2. Z

99 XB2003/280 Sport

Well, unfortunately this summer has made me realize that owning a boat in these parts isn't worth it some years, so I am going to put mine up for sale. I'm considering moving, and I don't think it's going to be possible to take the boat with. Hull is a 99, white with red wing tips. Very good...
  3. Z

Lower unit gurus

I have a few questions regarding lower units. I have a Bob's built 200 case on my rig right now. I think it's a mid 2000's case as it is a non ratcheting version with the drain/fill on the starboard side (kind of a pain with the LWPU hose in the way). It has a LWPU, Bob's heavy duty carrier...
  4. Z

28 Hoss HPD (hyperdrive)

Prop is in great shape. No dings at all, still has a nice shine to it. 9/10 easily. Runs good on my hull. Ran just a touch over 100 with the troller, 2 batteries, cooler, and myself. It is a great running prop, but my Hydromotive runs the same top-end and will do it with a heavier load, so...
  5. Z

XB2003 Setup/Lip/Prop

I had started a thread this spring with some setup questions. Throughout the summer I have tried a few things and have played with setup quite a bit. After getting my motor back together I finally got a chance to try a prop that I bought last spring and although it runs well, I think I still...
  6. Z

280 Water problems?

Ignore this if you responded on S&F. I'm desperate at this point and trying to get as many eyes on this thing as possible. I have been fighting with a 280 trying to track down an issue now for several weeks. I thought there was water in holes 4 and 6, but it would go away very shortly after...
  7. Z

Sick 280

I'm just copying this post I made from screamandfly, so if you already saw it over there you can ignore it. I just figured I might hit somebody else on here. Well, I think I'm at the point where I need a DDT to do any more troubleshooting, but figured I'd ask the experts. Symptoms...
  8. Z

Progressive Insurance Question

Has anybody ever had to deal with them for a claim? Some guy hit my motor yesterday and dented the mid section slightly and left about a 2" gash. It's not super bad, but it was perfect before, so I want it put back that way. Also, is there any fixing dents in the mid, or does it need to be...
  9. Z

280 tach problem

My tach decided it was going to start acting up on me a week or so ago and I'm wondering where to start. I have an XB2003 with a 2.5 280, stock electronics. The tach bounces around, most notably at higher RPMs. I put a 24" chopper on the boat this weekend to see how it ran and the tack...
  10. Z

XB2003 Setup/Lip questions

I have a 99 XB2003 with an Allison plate set at 14" (I think), 2.5 280 w/ ROS ECU, Bob's coned 200 case, and a short lip (about .015") I've been running a Hoss 28" HPD. It runs awesome, but I can't seem to get a whole lot of speed out of it. It's a rocket ship up to about 90, but it seems to...
  11. Z

High Perf. Mid Sections

I have a 99 2.5 280 and the mid section seems to have a pretty good amount of play in it. If I trim the motor out about half way I can get probably 1/4" of movement out of the swivel bracket. I also noticed that my tilt tube is moving side-to-side about 3/8". The first thing on my list is to...
  12. Z

What are the chances...

That I can lift my powerhead a little bit to install my EGT probes and get the base gasket to re-seal? I don't see any way to wiggle those guys in there w/o lifting the powerhead a bit. If anybody has any tricks, I'm all ears at this point. It's a 2.5 280 with factory alien cowl. Thanks in...
  13. Z

Prop advice

This is mainly aimed at Todd, but I figured I'd post it here for general knowledge. I bought a new Quad IV 27 from Todd a while back when he had the blowout sale, so it's cupped, and polished, and hardened, etc. etc. etc. The thing has too much bite for me I think. I can't hardly get out...
  14. Z

Lowrance LCX for sale

I have 2 Lowrance units, an LCX-27C and an LCX-28C HD. Both are newer units. The 28 is barely out of warranty. I ordered a platinum map chip and am considering selling one of the units and switching to an HDS. If there's interest, I'll pull whichever unit off that sells and include the power...
  15. Z

XB2003 GPS Questions

For those of you that have GPS units mounted up on the bow, where do you run the cables? I had an older unit on my bow and upgraded to a 27c and now have too many cables to fit through the little notch that the previous owner made. I can fit the power and the NEMA cables through, but not the...
  16. Z

Wow...

NEVERMIND. Please delete.
  17. Z

Lifeline Question

For those of you that wear them, do you wear the 160 or the 170? I have an XB2003 with a 280, so we all know how fast those can be. I would imagine I'll be over 100 some day. Is the 160 good enough or should I spring for the 170? I called Kent at Lifeline and talked to him and he didn't...
  18. Z

24 Trophy

I have a 24 Trophy for sale. It's in pretty much perfect shape. There is 1 super tiny nick on 1 blade (you can barely see it) and the scratch shown in the picture. I think the scratch was from sitting around in the garage, the picture makes it look worse than it is. Asking $275 shipped, I'd...
  19. Z

Fishing prop

What do all you XB2003/280 guys use for fishing props? I have a 24 Trophy that works great for pulling stumps, but I hate the fuel economy I get with it due to the extra rpms. I have a 28 Hoss that's great for top end, but it doesn't come out of the hole very well with 2 guys, full livewell...
  20. Z

2003 wiring

I am doing some re-wiring in my boat and have a mystery wire that I can't seem to trace down. It's a brown w/ green stripe (I think it's green, pretty tough to tell for sure) connected to the bottom dash switch. Anybody know what this is for? Or even better yet, have a real diagram for that...