Search results

1. V

need help bad

just bought the boat, 2000 promax 225, ran 130 degrees while moving then would go up to 160 plus when cruising, thought it was impeller but it looks like new, pulled cowl and found oil line off on the bottom left side of motor and alot of oil laying around in there, if you are looking at the...
  2. V

from ss2000 to xb 2003

Hi all, thanks to you guys i became addicted to allisons and have traded my ss2000 for an xb2003, its a little more family friendly. the ss had the 200xs and the xb has a 225 promax, is there anything i should check on this setup before i use it, apparently its only had a couple of tanks of...
  3. V

smart craft alarm?

When i go up on plane about mid way an alarm goes off and sometimes the motor goes into limp mode until shut off and re started, There is a small symbol on smartcraft gauge but i dont have a book to tell me what it means, The 200xs with short sportmaster case has original water pump and i notice...
  4. V

is water in oil resevoir possible?

Man, did i pull a bone head move this weekend, put the boat in without the plug, cruised slow for 10 min out river then when i went to plane she just stood up, i opened the rear hatch and the water was over the oil resevoir (ss2000) I jumped in the lake and installed plug and turned on pump and...
  5. V

bat turn damage

got put to close to shore after hooking and hit lower unit on a rock, it broke a small peice out of the leading bottom edge about 1 inch long and about 3/4 of an inch up, can i make a new bottom edge by cutting a straight line between the leading edge and bottom and removing the damaged leading...
  6. V

prop testing

If any of ya are board see if ya can guees what the magic number will be ss2000 with 200 xs and 30 et base =26 ali cut trphy speed 87 mph =27 stock trphy speed 93 mph =30 et ron hill copy ? if i dont die ill post the the numbers on monday morning vcrash
  7. V

scott gilmore

Hi Scott, i see under ss2000 that you ran a hoss triton 28 on your ss, how did you like it, i hope you did cause my bids the highest so far on the ebay prop. dean
  8. V

1997 xr drag

Im looking at a second ali and i wondered if any of you guys could tell me what a 1997 xr with a 2.4 is worth, has gauges and runs,thats about all the info i have. Thanks
  9. V

making a 200xs faster

Does anybody know of any upgrades you can have done to 2.5 200xs for increased power or rpms, i never see much on the board about performance upgrades for these particular engines, Im looking at upgrading to a 280 but the price of 21000 canadian is kinda extreme, i run 93.7 gps and would love to...
  10. V

pinkie or anyone?

Ok Pinkie, ss2000,200opti xs sportmaster case, I NEED MORE SPEED whats the prop and pitch i should be looking for, in one of your posts you said the fastest speed would be obtained with a lightning et, is that a merc prop? and what pitch would you reccomend for my set up and what price should...
  11. V

xb2003prosport speed

Im looking at a xb2003 year 2002 with 225 promax to trade my ss2000 on and i wondred if you guys could give me the approximate speed of this unit, Thanks
  12. V

old prop on sportmaster

Are there any of you guys that use the old style small hub style props on the sportmaster units? did you have to build some kind of exhaust ring or anything other then changing the hub to the 19 spline Thanks vcrash
  13. V

xs exhaust

With the 200xs and sportmaster lower unit, what is the proportion of exhaust coming out of the hub compared to the exhaust holes above the lower unit in the mid section, Just wondering if running small hub props will work or if they would cavitate with to much exhaust coming out down there? and...
  14. V

ss2000 props

Ok , If you had a ss2000 with a 200xs and a trophy plus 26 pitch prop and you could only afford 1 second prop and would like improved light load top end performance what would your first choice be? Thanks Vcrash
  15. V

towing to louisville

Id love to pull my ss down there for the rally but im worried about cover rash, any ideas on how to stop cover rash, I was thinking of pulling her without the cover but shed be awfull dirty after 18 hours on the hyway especially if it rained.