Search results

1. randy schmoyer

WTB 15 x 30p Merc cleaver

Looking for a 15 x 30 Merc cleaver. 8 or better condition. Small shaft. Please post pics if you have them. You can e-mail me at... schmoyer1@comcast.net
  2. randy schmoyer

Machanical trim gauge

I'd like to put in a mechanical trim gauge. I've looked at a lot of posts and it seems everyone uses the one from Stainless Marine. I've never seen a mention of the one from JSRE. It sure fits my budget better IF it works just as well. Is anyone using the JSRE gauge or know how well it performs?
  3. randy schmoyer

Painting the gearcase

I'm painting my Sporty on a 225 PM. I read that there are benefits to leaving it in 400 wet sanded primer. I have a nice coat of epoxy primer on it and was going to topcoat it with a much more durable catalyzed urethane silver. Could I sand the topcoat portion below the cavitation plate and get...
  4. randy schmoyer

book value

Does anyone have an idea of the book value for a 1998 2003 with a 22 ProMax and trailer might be. I think I'm under insured but don't really know what to declare.
  5. randy schmoyer

are they all this hard to steer?

I have a 2003, 225 Promax, Sportmaster with weld on trim tab, running a SRX 29, CMC hyd. jackplate, 12.5" setback and a Teleflex SeaStar Pro steering with the 2.0 helm. The torque load gets so heavy as the rpm increases that from about 6000 to the limiter I'm actually bumping the pressure relief...
  6. randy schmoyer

jack plate noise

When I run my jackplate up and down at the dock with the engine off it makes a real bad sounding groan,grumble, gurgle racket. Not really a metallic noise but it sure isn't a nice smooth whine like the trim/tilt sound. are they all like that or should I be worried?