Search results

1. J

2006 2003xb

boat sold thanks everyone
  2. J

GPS speedo

Guys i am wanting to change my non working speedometer with a nice GPS model any suggestions? I really dont want to mount another pod i already have a lowrance pod monted just to the right of the windshild of my 2003. Also i want to replace the broken trim sending unit on my 99 promax just...
  3. J

whats the difference

whats the difference between a 225 pm powerhead and a 200 block with 225 componets arnt they both 2.5 liter just wondering if i get a extra power head would be worth getting if it is a ported 200 block
  4. J

What kinda prop is this???

a friend of mine gave me a prop he found while doing some remodeling work It is a 3 blade over hub and is marked quicksilver 48 13370 A5 26p it also has Allison 51291 stamped on it . I know it is a 26 pitch and i think it may be a big ear chopper but i am not sure also how do yall...
  5. J

funky feel

what do yall think would cause the rooster tail to be angled and boat feeling slugish boat has a funny feel to it but the prop is probably not the best but looks ok 225 pm 26 chopper as best as i can tell it is even with pad not counting lip. thanks in advance
  6. J

rev limiter

hey guys how do you get rid of rev limiter on a 99 promax?
  7. J

She Blew Again

I tell you guys, I got my trim straightened out and my motor came apart. I just had finished the breakin and changed my plugs. Real Bumer. I was at less than 5k when she blew. I am getting agrivated with this promax the shop that built it is supposed to stand behind it so we will see. Do...
  8. J

trim question

what is wrong when your trim will not raise past a certain point at full power. If i trim it out with my foot out of it then hit the gas the motor will fall right back to the same point what can i do to fix this thanks in advance Jared 99 promax
  9. J

What caused this?????

Today my son and i went out on the river fishing. On our run to the fishing hole my freshly rebuilt 99 promax would only turn 6000 at about 70mph and felt week. When we left the same was happening, however after about 45 minutes of run time she came back to life and had amazing power like it...
  10. J

trim pump

alright guys my trim pump is having trouble when i am in the throttle hard yall think i should try to rebuild it or find a high speed pump for my promax let me know if anybody has something for sale that will fix my problem. The motor will trim but when on the throttle is extremly slow trims...
  11. J

What yall think

Hey guys, I got my brand new rebuilt promax on and am in the breakin process right now. I am running a 26 chopper that has had some work although i dont know what it really is because i got it used. The prop works great but i want to buy a new 28 over hub any suggestions on what to spend my...
  12. J

need 225 powerhead

I am looking for any rebuildable or running powerhead that will fit 99 promax. Any help will be appreciated greatly
  13. J

I found the problem and i need help!

I finally got around to getting my boat checked and the reason that i lost rpm turned out to be a burned up piston. I live near the Mobile Pensacola and i am trying to find the best place to have the motor resleved. If anyone has a 225 pm power head for sale please let me know. I have heard...
  14. J

promax problems

i have a 99' 225 promax with a fairly fresh powerhead. The motor has been running hard and strong spinning up like a promax should. Over the weekend I left a sandbar headed back to the landing and lost about half of my power i had to keep the gas on the floor to maintain any speed at all. It...
  15. J

Finally got her in water!!!

I had to wait almost 2 weeks but i tested out my 225 promax. Ran like a dream. Night and day between the promax and the 3.o efi that i had. Thanks for the input when i asked if i had made a good trade. The only prop that i have is a 26 chopper that has been cut. with this prop i ran about 85...
  16. J

allison hats

Why dont they sell allison visors like bullet or triton does if anybody knows where to get one let me know
  17. J

did i make a good move?

Some of you know (like James) that i was not really happy with my 3.0L 250efi. I just traded for a recently rebuilt 99' 225 pm sport with a sportmaster and a 27 chopper with lip and cup cut into it. Right now the motor is at 14" setback and is 1/8 above the pad. No rev. limiter , No oil...
  18. J

2006 xb 2003

.decided to keep my boat
  19. J

holeshot problems

do you guys thing that my 3.0L 250 efi should be having a hard time getting up on plane? The motor runs great on the move and will easily put the boat about 90. I am running a 28" Powertech 4 blade. It just seems like it should not be such a strugle to plane out.
  20. J

looking for complete 2.5

i am looking for a complete 2.5 outboard rig i have a 3 liter 250 that is new with only about 10 hours on it i will sell or trade towards a promax 2.5 i would like to find a 260 or 280 but would settle for a 225. the 250 is a good motor but just does not do well on the back of my 2003 xb can...