Search results

1. F

jasper river run and race weekend

I was a newbie at the river run and me and my son had a blast. cant wait till next year.BEST RACE FACILITY i have ever been to .I was suprised at how big the new allison boats are to float the larger size motors.when we need a new motor I guess we will have to buy junk to build a 2.5 that a...
  2. F

batteries

has anyone purchased a 11 LB 24 volt trolling battery or 7LB cranking battery ,if so how do they hold up, will the trolling batt last 8 hours.I saw them at the allison trailer at the jasper race.they also had a 12 volt mini batt. for the 24 up jumper wire for the racers with fast up.pricey ,but...
  3. F

20 inch offshore can

I need a 20 insch offshore can .Lee Davis 205 491 3086 cell 2-11 pm central 205 288 4809
  4. F

1997 xb 2003

White with new blue carpet. New Gaffrig gauges. 24V65 Minnkota TM tolling motor. Aluminum wheels with matching spare. Trailer brakes. Stainless fenders. 260 block sent to JSRE/Mods, TDR reeds wizard pistons, high performance rods light and balanced SPS bolts, dual head temp. New dual...
  5. F

XB 2003 setup.

What is the normal misd for a 97 xb2003. do most people run a 15 or 20 inch or does it matter? All advice appreciated.14inch jackplate and 200 lower with bobs nosecone.
  6. F

ally cut skeg measurements

I hate to keep beating a dead horse,but does anyone know or have a sm l/u you could measure that is cut .I need length back to front om the top and bottom ,and overall length from gearcase to bottom of skeg.and the tab is leavin here! thanks for all the feedback from the ally crew.it is...
  7. F

please look at setup

please look at the setup column ,I have a problem .Lee
  8. F

XB2002/sportmaster L/U

I have a 1997 XB2002 basser 15" mid ,11.25 setback ,5/8 below pad,4 blade Hydromotive,Allison sea star steering Stainless trim gauge (no guessing).here is my dilema.It had a CLE lower with a bobs or tooter type nosecone,pointed and sharp.ran very fast and drove very easy.It crapped out.I bought...
  9. F

1988 2002 Xb

PRICE CHANGE!!! Okay guys it's time to get serious. I need to sell the boat. New price $11,900. Here are the goodies -- 1988 2002 XB with Tandem Trailer. 1998 15" offshore Merc 260 digital ECU (very fresh), top pinned pistons, titianium nitrate rings, JSRE balanced and lightened rods, SPS rod...
  10. F

1988 2002 Xb

1988 2002 XB with tandem trailer. 1998 15" offshore Merc 260 digital ECU, top pinned pistons, titanium nitrate rings, JSRE balanced and lightened rods, SPS rod bolts, lightweight capped wrist pins. Hydraulic steering. You know, all the good stuff. Very, very nice iside and out. Drives easy...
  11. F

4 person seating

I need some input.I have a friend that wants a ally with 4 person seating.would I be correct to ASSUME that would be a grandsport? Is there some other models that could be considered.If the final choice is grandsport does anybody know of a nice one for sale .I am open for suggestions.Do all...
  12. F

1988 Xb 2002

2.5 Carb, 15" midsection-Merc Racing not cut & welded, long trim cylinder, XR6 gearcase w/Tooter nose cone, 28 Alabama cut chopper from Billy Eaves, light cowling, duel pyrometers & one gauge, hydraulic steering, Lavorski gauges, stainless marine trim gauge (still in box), Weldon fuel pump &...
  13. F

1988 2002XB - Deal of the Year!

Very, very nice. No junk. New gel coat rub rail to rub rail on the bottom - Porsche red! New Allison seat covers and carpet. New Livorsi gauges. New hydraulic steering in the box. Blueprinted bottom. Trailer sandblasted and painted with urethane enamel and urethane primer. Dual axle. All new...
  14. F

1988 2002XB - Deal of the Year!!

New gel coat rub rail to rub rail on the bottom - Porsche red! New Allison seat covers and carpet. New Livorsi gauges. New hydraulic steering in the box. Trailer sandblasted and painted with urethane enamel and urethane primer. All new hubs and bearings. All new springs and hangers and bolts...
  15. F

ally with no lips!

I know all of you have read my posts and answered my questions about setup balance and pad lips.well,my 2002xb had no lips.It is now upside down in the garage floor.I ordered a gallon of adtech to rebuild the lips and a 5 gal bucket of porsche red gelcoat to cover up that scratched up gray...
  16. F

simon alternator on 260

this week I put a simon alt. kit on a 260.It fit like a glove. these guys have done their homework.It looks sharp too.I dont know about the voltage regulator.This motor has a rectifier but no pair of regultor/rectifier.has anyone done this installation and added a regulator.as much as the fuel...
  17. F

88 2002xb different?

I have a 1988 2002xb.my first allison.is the bottom of the boat any different than the newer models.If I spent more money on a newer boat will the hull be any faster? as my first experience these are a handfull to drive.are the newer ones any easier .I know I have a learning curve to go through.