Fastest XB21 pro sport?

bigtis

What should one expect to see out of a 300xs powered pro sport?

Any faster seteps? Sho maybe?

scj

ProSport with a 300 is a 100 mph boat.
My boat with a SHO and SportMaster gearcase should run a 100 but I'm skeer'd to find out.

I doubt the SHO is faster on top end but it'll beat the 300 out of the hole and it's quiet with no oil smell

Allyfishing

Lee will be at this years rally so maybe we can get him into your Prosport Steve and let him "have at it"!!!

RiverRocket

I have a XB21 Prosport with 300XS. Playing with weight distribution now and i need to switch away from the Bravo XS to do it. Mine ran 90 with a 225 and Bravo XS, so I think it will go big when I get the right prop, weight distribution, and seat time to make it happen.

SJC, i'm really interested in your weight distribution. If you don't mind I would love to give you a call some time and pick your brain.

NOTGSXR

I have a XB21 Prosport with 300XS. Playing with weight distribution now and i need to switch away from the Bravo XS to do it. Mine ran 90 with a 225 and Bravo XS, so I think it will go big when I get the right prop, weight distribution, and seat time to make it happen.

SJC, i'm really interested in your weight distribution. If you don't mind I would love to give you a call some time and pick your brain.
Mine ran 87.2 with 750lbs of people with Lee driving when I picked it up.. 250xs 28 Promax at the time..

bigtis

I'm thinking of going to a prosport, but it appears the actual seating area is smaller than the xb03. What are current owners opinions on this?

RiverRocket

I have never owned a 03, but I went and looked at several before getting my 21 Prosport. The 21 Prosport has just as much seating room as the 03. Its 5" wider and 11" longer, but I don't think all of that get carried into the seating area. I really don't think its smaller, but I don't think it is that much larger either. The rest of the boat however feels much bigger (could be good or bad depending how you look at it). Since we are talking seating and seating area room I will assume kids. The rear swim deck is way better on a 2003 for swimming and water entry.

To me it came down to two things:
1. Motors - the lighter hi-po 2.5's are gone. I was done buying parts on forums to try to keep my 2.4/2.5's running. I wanted a boat I could drop an Opti on and be done with it. (only a few are running the opti's on the 2003) The XB-21 to me just seemed like it was better suited for the bigger opti.

2.I fish a lot - The usable size and performance in different weather conditions was a big plus for me. Especially in the large Dallas lakes. If I was still living in the North, and only fished 1500-2500 acre lakes, and had a shorter season I probably would have looked closer at the 2003. The 2003 has a much sportier feel.

I'm not that far away. You are welcome to come up and take mine for a spin if you want.

Last edited:

scj

I had an 03 with the folding seats and I now own a ProSport with the bench. The ProSport has more room between the seats front to back and it's wider.
Both are great boats but you can run the bigger engines on the 21's without hesitation.
Headlights, more room for bigger graphs and a little more room overall plus bigger compartments make the 21 a step above the 03.

xb03fs

I do not believe there is much of any difference in cockpit size of the xb2003 and xb21 prosport. I had lee measure before I bought my 2+2 from him. For rear legroom the 2+2 is the best solution.

The extra width of the 21 goes to the rod trays and side storage

I have a raised rear bench similar to grandsport in my 2+2 and it is great!

Raised rear bench added even more legroom to the 2+2.

Noticed this even with my xb2003. The benches always have a few inches more rear room than folddowns