1. V

26 trophy

Any interest in a trade for a 27 Tempest? Fred
  2. V

Omc, what max rpm?

6,000 it is. Thanks guys!
  3. V

Omc, what max rpm?

I'm running a 94 Johnson 175 Faststrike on a 95 XB2003. What is the max rpm that I should set it up for. Just looking for good all around performance, no drag racing or not looking to get the last mph out of it. Fred
  4. V

72 GPS, I know should be faster. I'm sure it's been faster than that but I don't always have...

72 GPS, I know should be faster. I'm sure it's been faster than that but I don't always have the gps with me. I cannot keep that speedo pickup tube clear on the lower unit. 2 1/2 to 3" below the pad, I don't have a nose cone/lwp so that is really limiting things. From everything I've heard...
  5. V

Yea, I don't think many Allisons are Omc powered. I like the Fast Strike, it's light and has...

Yea, I don't think many Allisons are Omc powered. I like the Fast Strike, it's light and has good power, it does seem to like fuel though. I've only owned the boat for a couple months now, it came with a 27 Renegade, 26 Hydromotive Quad IV, and a 27 Mach Stern Driver. All the props are 4...
  6. V

XB2003 175 Hp, Cone or No Cone?

F2008: I have a 26 QIVOT, with the prop deep the Renegade seems to do better. Maybe with the prop higher the QIVOT would shine? Pinning the carrier just keeps it from loosening, correct? Is exact location of the pins/setscrews important? Lakeman: I've located a 26 Raker that I'm going to...
  7. V

Yea, I don't think many Allisons are Omc powered. I like the Fast Strike, it's light and has...

Yea, I don't think many Allisons are Omc powered. I like the Fast Strike, it's light and has good power, it does seem to like fuel though. I've only owned the boat for a couple months now, it came with a 27 Renegade, 26 Hydromotive Quad IV, and a 27 Mach Stern Driver. All the props are 4...
  8. V

Lakeman: At what height did you run the Raker? Price? Was your speed in a light boat? I can run right to about 70 with a 27 Renegade before the boat starts chine walking, this is by myself but with trolling motor, 3 batteries, tackle. Thanks, Fred
  9. V

So I'm guessing a cone is not needed for a speed issue (prop blow out), just to get a low water pickup for better handling. Is there a better option to adding a low water pickup? Maybe just filling in the top couple holes will get the motor close to where it needs to be? Thanks
  10. V

Hmmm, if the lower won't hold up, that's not good. Anybody running OMC lowers high without problems?
  11. V

I should have noted that I am limited to 2.5" below because of water pressure. Fred
  12. V

Just got a XB2003 with a Johnson Fast Strike 175 (I know need more motor, it's a new powerhead so it's staying on), I think Bass and Walleye had an article (I can't find it) that said no nose cone would perform better below 85. Thoughts? 10" setback, hydraulic jackplate. Thanks, Fred
  13. V

XB2003 175 Cone or No Cone?

deleted deleted
  14. V

Jack plate heights on XB2003

I agree, motor mount brackets are designed to use the entire range of mounting holes. As long as the mounting surface is flat, (not introducing any twist), should be no problem.