Recent content by St

1. St

2012 mercury 300xs for sale.

Nice 300! Is it still for sale?
  2. St

Lost a blade on my 3-blade Mercury Lightning ET yesterday HELP

Thanks for all the good input! I will let a pro go through and repair the case. Did get a hold of a almost new Sport that I will run this summer instead. Which prop do you think hold up better: Mercury Lightning ET or Mazco re3?
  3. St

Lost a blade on my 3-blade Mercury Lightning ET yesterday HELP

Hi! Lost at blade on my prop yesterday and sadly the blade took a piece from my Sport Master. I have another prop to run with, but the question is: Is my Sportmaster good to go? Or will it fall in to pieces if I just keep running it? Could it be dangerous to run at high speed? What shall I do...
  4. St

Allison SS 2000, should I lower or raise the motor?

Thanks for the input guys. I will start by going down 1/8 and than go down even further if necessary (still think I'm pretty close to the previous engine height due to the fact I didn't raise the engine very much therefore can't be that far away). Too bad I don't have a hydraulic lift and a...
  5. St

Allison SS 2000, should I lower or raise the motor?

Hi! I have been running my SS 2000 comp (center steer) with merc 280, sportmaster 1.87 fat shaft and lightning et 14,5"x30" prop for three years now. I have been running 106-108 mph (on the limiter) with perfect balance. This spring I hade to raise my motor to make it fit in a garage...
  6. St

Will this work on SS 2000?

racerx: That's correct, it's a 2005 15" drag mid
  7. St

Nils, we may be four people wanting to buy a complete sem-steering: You, me, Mattstar and Cewan (from the swedish boatingforums). That should give us some momentum in the negotiation with Svenne, don't you think? :-)
  8. St

Aenas, No, I only have the regular version of the pro, 5345. What bothers me about the Seastar steering, is that it's impossible to get the steering tight. No matter how you bleed the system (believe me I know how to do i properly and have done it over 50 times over the years), there will be...
  9. St

I really don't like the seastar (way to sloppy in my opinion) and think this could be a good alternative. Please let me hear your thoughts. Thanks!
  10. St

And here is how the steering looks like mounted on a 200 xs
  11. St

Here is a pic of my boat
  12. St

Hi! Will this typ of side mounted steering work on my boat? My boat is SS 2000 comp merc 280 15" mid 8" set back
  13. St

Mazco hub question

Thank you very much for your response! Very helpful! I will go buy some Gorilla glue right away!
  14. St

Mazco hub question

Just to specify my concern: I use a fat shaft sportsmaster and there is nothing in front of the propeller when mounted, that will keep the plastic sleeve from sliding forward until it touches the gear case (which would be disastrous)... I honestly don't think this will happen due to the fact...
  15. St

Mazco hub question

Hello! A week ago I received my almost brand new Mazco re3 14,5x32 with 19 spline fat shaft welded hub. As you can see on the attached pic to the left, there is some kind of plastic sleeve in the from half of the propeller hub (without it the hub wount have contact with the prop shaft...