Recent content by JWW8

1. J

1st Dislike on New Boat

Craig, My boat does the same thing. It is the Keel Shield causing aeration behind it and over the transducer box. Haven't found a fix yet.
  2. J

New tow vehicle

What year is your RAM? Is it the 5.7L Hemi? Where did you buy this air filter? Thanks!
  3. J

Question for TBuck

I am running 2 solid plugs now and have good hole shot.
  4. J

Question for TBuck

TBuck, I ordered a Hydromotive 29P XOB about a year ago for my Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro with a 250 Pro XS (coned TM LU, 1:75 gears). It runs good but does not handle as well as my 28P Bravo 1 XS. I am hitting the limiter with the Bravo so I believe the 29P is the right size. Just...
  5. J

Pickwick

Was on Pickwick Saturday. Every team in our club had a limit but not many big fish. Didn't see any current all day so that probably hurt the size.
  6. J

WTB SM LU for 3.0L

WTB Sportmaster LU in good condition with 1:62 gears for a 3.0L Merc.
  7. J

Honest opinion on how my boat performed yesterday

Thanks Whipper! By the way, I just found out that I have a cracked head. The crack was over the water jacket, not a cylinder so it may not have affected performance.
  8. J

When I am running for speed, I generally have the motor height set for prop shaft even with the pad. I noticed with it above pad, it gets real squirrelly quick.
  9. J

I am not sure how I should change my current setup. I know there are a lot of differing opinions regarding gear ratios; however, I am also running a Hydro XOB worked by T Buck for 1:75 gears (29P). My boat is not heavy and the load is balanced. I have a hydraulic JP so I can change engine height.
  10. J

6K RPMs Lee Sanderson drove it and fixed the hotfoot to ensure full open throttle. That was with a 28P Bravo and he was hitting the limiter at 81 MPH. I have a 29P Hydromotive XOB on it now. It is not hitting the limiter but as I said, 86 MPH is the most I can get out of it. Just trying to...
  11. J

I am not,seeing the speeds that you all are claiming to hit at WOT. I have a BasSport Pro with a 250 Pro XS. It has a coned TM with 1:75 gears and I am running a Hydromotive 29 XOB. Best I have hit is 86 and that is flat out running on the edge for me. Is that about what I should expect for...
  12. J

New Allison Steering Wheel...

That is the horn button
  13. J

J.C. or Tooters

Tooter sold his business to Titus Grisham 8-10 years ago. Titus does good work. I have a TM unit that he coned and installed LW pickups and am very happy with it. i believe Tooter or JC trained him.
  14. J

Keel Guard Causing Disturbance

Is anyone else running a Keel Guard on an Allison hull? I have one on my XB-21 Bassport and it is causing a disturbance behind it that is interrupting the 2D depth reading for my fishfinder at any speed over 30 MPH. Darris said there was nothing he could do about it short of removing the Keel...
  15. J

It was fun visiting with Nancy and Darris again...

That is why I bought an Allison. After spending some time talking with Darris, I had no doubt that every square inch of my boat had been thought out to the max.