2003 with 2002 console

bec

Anybody seen this one up close and personal or have heard any rumors on performance.plum crazy fiberglass did the facelift and I believe the guy's name is aka who owns it.just curious .saw a lot of pics up close of the process being under way with console but none of the whole boat after facelift.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I saw picture of one with the console getting gut out of it and a smaller console being reinstalled. Been a while though and don't know where I saw it. The coolest on was a XTB someone changed up that I really liked.

hirk

Guess the owner doesnt do the net? It was very cool, turned into an oversizexb02 with a deck step up.q

bigtis

The owner of that boat is Hoyt. He is gator tails go to man for performance knowledge

xb03fs

Xb2003 made into a 2+2 configuration with two xb2002 consoles would be pimp. Love my 2+2 but it would be really sweet in a 20 foot configuration also

bec

Is he on allison forum?have you heard any performance gains from taking the big console off.the work looked impressive from what I saw on Facebook .i remember a while back either on allison forum or bbc there was a guy in the process of selling a 2003 and getting a 2002 and he backed out of it and decided to keep the 2003. I think suicidealli either built him a motor or helped set up on that boat.his name was wounded warrior . Last I saw was the carpet being stripped off front deck and I thought getting ready to do some kind off facelift to it . I think some words were passed over the forum and all the sudden never heard anymore from him.i thought at first this was his boat .

Dave Hensley

I agree the XTB would be the way to go. Center steer with one xb2002 console or dual console with two XB2002 consoles. I have done the rough measurements and the difficult part is cutting the existing console out. The gunnel/cap of the boat is significantly different from right to left side. Everytime I take my XTB out it makes me smile. Might have to slip a 280 on it this summer.

chad202

I saw this boat up close a couple weeks. It came out great and the smaller console makes the boat look big. He's got a 225 promax in it and working in setup. He calls it his xb2.5

22R

If anyone has any close up pics please show em. What would be real cool is if Allison would make the XB21 with a 2002 console. That way you buy a 3.oL Pro XS and go.
Not so much me but I am sure some would. That would be called a XB2102 !! :LMAO:

22R

ally2dextreme

Actually Darris is going the other way..a new 20 footer with a smaller version of the 2003 console

ally2dextreme

Imo one of the reasons the xb2003 gets spooky over a 100mph is the big console. I will bet with a similar small console like the 02 people would go just as fast with the 03 as the smaller 02 .I wish the xtb21 mods weren't crushed ,that bottom with a bullet style top cap for a lack of a better word would be a fantastic fishing boat

xb03fs

Actually Darris is going the other way..a new 20 footer with a smaller version of the 2003 console
Mercury dosnt make a motor for this boat...going to be tough to sell them anywhere but to racers....or he is going to be have to make it 3 liter friendly. Hate for him to put all his time into it and then it flop.

Dave Hensley

Mercury dosnt make a motor for this boat...going to be tough to sell them anywhere but to racers....or he is going to be have to make it 3 liter friendly. Hate for him to put all his time into it and then it flop.
The 175XS is a great motor for a 20' boat. A 150 4-stroke is getting close to the right weight. Darris is lobbying Mercury hard to get a new 2.5 motor packaged. We have an XB 2002 getting a 4-stroke 115 hp 4-stroke. Interested in seeing how it runs. HAVE FAITH 20' owners.....it isn't over.

Hey Thomas, all the XTB molds are not gone.....Tod just splashed a console piece from the deck mold so they can make me a windshield.

22R

The 175XS is a great motor for a 20' boat. A 150 4-stroke is getting close to the right weight. Darris is lobbying Mercury hard to get a new 2.5 motor packaged. We have an XB 2002 getting a 4-stroke 115 hp 4-stroke. Interested in seeing how it runs. HAVE FAITH 20' owners.....it isn't over.

I hope that you are right !! That would be too cool to have a brand new Merc on my Vintage Ally !!

22R
I messed up this quote thing !!

ally2dextreme

Hey Thomas, all the XTB molds are not gone.....Tod just splashed a console piece from the deck mold so they can make me a windshield.
The hull mold is crushed,I was sad lol

scj

Thomas,
Only the XTB molds that had the twin live wells were destroyed. Allison can still build an XTB if for whatever reason they needed to.