XB21 BasSport for sale

robert

I am genuinely surprised no one has expressed interest in purchasing my BasSportPro. It is priced to sell. Very low hours on the boat (maybe 20) and very low hours on the engine (maybe 70). Next time I take it out of storage I will check the exact hours on the smart craft gauge. Any ideas on the lack of interest?

Thanks for any reply,
Robert

RedAllison

Honestly Robert there are really only 2 reasons I can think of but I'd say they are THE 2 BIGGEST reasons in the used boat market:

1). Regardless of the new price, $45k used bass boats are a small market to begin with.

And what I think is THE biggest...
2). You are in Vegas. 99% of the folks who live east of the MS River (who are the vast majority of the country as well) are very likely NOT to go west of the river for a used boat. At the MOST those few "might" go as far west as OKC or Dallas. West of Denver or the Continental Divide I'd say you are substantially assured that your buyer will be within a days drive of you as well.

All that being said, western residents don't think squat of hooking up and driving 1000-1500 miles. They'll come east for boats ALOT easier than vice-versa. Another possibility that's always rears it's head in the boat market, we are well past Independence Day and of course Labor Day wknd is this wknd so that always quells the "burning desire" for a new bassboat that sometimes burns stronger in anglers earlier in the year.

Do you know anyone on this side of the country that perhaps would be willing to store the boat for you and meet up with any prospective buyers? Maybe sending your baby "east" for a few months might would get a few nibbles?

Just some suggestions, good luck and don't give up! :wink
RA

Alli-drenaline Rush

Honestly Robert there are really only 2 reasons I can think of but I'd say they are THE 2 BIGGEST reasons in the used boat market:

1). Regardless of the new price, $45k used bass boats are a small market to begin with.

And what I think is THE biggest...
2). You are in Vegas. 99% of the folks who live east of the MS River (who are the vast majority of the country as well) are very likely NOT to go west of the river for a used boat. At the MOST those few "might" go as far west as OKC or Dallas. West of Denver or the Continental Divide I'd say you are substantially assured that your buyer will be within a days drive of you as well.

All that being said, western residents don't think squat of hooking up and driving 1000-1500 miles. They'll come east for boats ALOT easier than vice-versa. Another possibility that's always rears it's head in the boat market, we are well past Independence Day and of course Labor Day wknd is this wknd so that always quells the "burning desire" for a new bassboat that sometimes burns stronger in anglers earlier in the year.

Do you know anyone on this side of the country that perhaps would be willing to store the boat for you and meet up with any prospective buyers? Maybe sending your baby "east" for a few months might would get a few nibbles?

Just some suggestions, good luck and don't give up! :wink
RA
I drove 1200 miles one way to pick up a brand new in the box 280, and called it a 26th wedding anniversary trip to boot lol......

Hang in there Robert. the right buyer will come along..... New that's every bit of a $75k boat....

SLOmofo

How about because you really shouldn't sell it!
If you have to sell it that's one thing if you don't like going fast anymore don't push the throttle down as much. Or take it to Aqua Marine and have them adjust the throttle cable so it doesn't open as far.
How about contacting Anglers Marine in So Cal maybe they will sell it for you.

xb03fs

I am guessing location. Las vegas is a HAUL.. I had to go to West Virginia to meet Lee and he drove a 1/3 of the way...800 each way was a PITA.

champ198

I am genuinely surprised no one has expressed interest in purchasing my BasSportPro. It is priced to sell. Very low hours on the boat (maybe 20) and very low hours on the engine (maybe 70). Next time I take it out of storage I will check the exact hours on the smart craft gauge. Any ideas on the lack of interest?

Thanks for any reply,
Robert
Robert, you may need to drop the price a little (not too much, and not too fast) until you get some nibbles. It's just economics. There will always be tire kickers so you'll have to weed out the serious buyers from the smack talkers. Around here in Tennessee, there aren't many who appreciate Allisons because they've been lapping up the marketing cool-aid from the bassmaster magazine ads and boat dealers. There will be someone along who will eventually bite and who will appreciate the boat. It may take time but a buyer will find you. Good luck.

robert

Thanks for all the advice guys, I appreciate it. I also have it advertised on Bass Boat Central.

You would think by now the west coast would have become a huge market for Allisons since they now are a stereotypical(in looks at least) bass boat that runs smoother and faster than all the others, yet there are very few Allisons out here. I think in Nevada there only 6 that I know of.

SLOmofo

Like anything at the top everybody else try's to whittle away. I don't know how many times people would tell me an Allison is a rough riding boat. I might be prejudiced but I have a 19' Champion before that a 19' Champion before that a 18'4" Champion. I've had them all at Mead in rough water, I'll take my Allison thank you! Except they wouldn't let me fish the Tournament of Champion's with it.

Don't give your boat away unless it's to me, I'd love to have it. Even though it's a slow, poor fishing, ill handling, rough riding boat.

Other than take it to tournaments, blow by them, out fish them and beat them back to weigh in I don't know what to tell you to sell it.

MWest77

$45k is a lot of money for a used boat. And a boat that only we can truly appreciate. Kinda narrows the market. If I ever spring 80k for a new boat, it'll be a flower bed before I sell it. You lose 25k when you pull off the lot.

Last edited:

JWolff

If it was a 2+2 I would be interested. I remember when you sold your prosport. I almost caved so I wouldn't have to drive across the country to get a 2+2. But for a bassport pro, can't do it with 2 little ones needing seats. If gene ever sells his 2+2....... I think that is the only 2+2 on the west coast. I digress, back to your original question. I think part of it is that there are so many standard bassboats that are so much less you have a very small market and most don't buy this time of year cuz of having to make payments all winter when a lot of people don't use the boats. Even though I have never seen an alli in person I am convinced of their superiority but if shopping for just a standard bassboat it would be hard to pay the Allison higher prices. I don't know if I could do it. But that is just me. To each there own.

Good luck on the sell.
John

JWolff

Yep but doesn't he have a 2002? Brian (silverbullet02) used to live up here too before he went to TN with his 2003.

whipper

I flew 6000++ miles one way to buy my grandsport. Spent a week in leesville SC getting pointers on how to drive her. Flew back home to Prince George BC. Think Alaska to South Carolina. Then had her transported for 2+ grand to Washington were I drove 16 hours each way to pick up and drive her home.:banghead I would do it again for the right boat. Im probably going to have to do this again when I get the 300 soooon.:beer: But all in all I saved money if ya can believe that. Trade her in n something or drive her out east and put her on a lot on consignment? Frank Mole can drive her out anywere ya think she would sell better.

Allyfishing

Robert, your rig as it sits now, is most likely over 70 grand if purchased new right now. I feel a buyer that knows Allison's and goes to price a new one with what you've got will jump on yours. I know I would

catfish123

How much are the 21 foot Bullets now with equal power? I believe they "steal" a lot of potential Allison owners because of the price difference, but I may be wrong on this.

2003225X

Reynolds has the new 21ss Bullet with a 250xs for $49,980. So $25,000- $30,000 less.