Your next Allison

Jon

Supporting Member
What's next on the list for you? For me, my list doesn't go much past the xb2002 and the xr2002. It is very unlikely I'll own another nikasil motor, and would even hang a yamaha on a boat if there were a motor light enough, which there really isn't with the power to weight the light merc's have. I'll be in the 200 to 225 range, steel bore, although I would consider another 200XS. I would actually rig the XB for light fishing as well, but mostly for going mildly fast. I don't plan on the growing up thing any time soon, and no other go fast boats interest me still.

Anyway, those are the setups I'm thinking about. What about you guys?

LEVI LEDET

I done sold all my nic motors and my drag and went to a xb the best all around boat made you can fish and still run over 100 with a 200

Attachments

Jon

Supporting Member
I done sold all my nic motors and my drag and went to a xb the best all around boat made you can fish and still run over 100 with a 200
Man, you and I talked about selling all nic motors a few years ago. Glad you're out of them finally. I think you have the ideal setup on the xb too. If you did somehow manage to blow it up, you can fix it without the need of mailing off the block. I need that in my life.

BigRWater

Man, you and I talked about selling all nic motors a few years ago. Glad you're out of them finally. I think you have the ideal setup on the xb too. If you did somehow manage to blow it up, you can fix it without the need of mailing off the block. I need that in my life.
Might I ask, what is a nic motor?

BigRWater

I am 66. I want an older, lighter weight, XB 2002 or XB 2002 comp before I am too old. I have a couple of Merc/mariner 2.5 motor options for it already.

bullwhipjkg

ive had 2 02's
2 drags
and just picked up a 2003 after my last pristine 02 sold that wasn't for sale 100 dolla bills talk

with that being said im fixing to do a complete restore on this 03 and hang my 15" 300 xs on it

hate to say it this will probably be my last one if when I sell it it will be turnkey

going bigger after this

only thing I miss about not having a 2.5 is the sound and the acceleration on low end
love the fuel milage and power of the 3.2

Wave to Wave

I don't think there's a nicer looking small sport boat than a XR 2002. I love the GS for the practicality. I wish there were better modern engine options.