Yes, the rumors are true...

RedAllison

Word sure travels fast... I've been asked by a few about my selling the big red mosheen aka, "Rainy Day Woman 2" & am I replacing her with something bigger & slower?

I cannot lie, YES! As hard as it is to believe Michelle & I picked RDW2 up from Linda & Larry Owens 10yrs ago this coming Aug 2017! The last decade has been a luxurious blast in what is STILL the ONLY red XB-21 2+2 to ever roll out of Louisville. She was pretty much HARD LOADED when I ordered her brand new, then over the next few years I added updates like front & console Si units + a few years ago I put the remote control MinnKota on her bow. However in the past decade I still didn't use her very much, the dual Smartcraft gages show 19x. odd actual hours on the big 225 Sport XS. The big deuce & a quarter has been flawless in those 190 hours & still is! I have a small little spot of dockrash on her port top cap beside the passenger console I'm soon to have fixed & then she's officially going up for sale!!!

What has replaced the big girl? An even bigger girl, albeit MUCH slower, not as sexy but equally as comfortable & with even more room for more buds. A couple of years ago I started saltwater fishing on the gulf coast during the kids spring & fall breaks & I was bitten HARD by the salt bug! Then last month my mother & my wife concocted a plan behind my back. We now own a place on Okaloosa Island, FL so my desire for a saltwater boat went "ON THE FLOOR FULL THROTTLE!"

Last weekend my cohort/co-troublemaker Jeffro "cashew kid" Brazil & I drove nearly to Miami, FL to pickup the newest mistress in the fleet. "RDW3" is a 2017 BlueWave 2400 PureBay with a Yamaha 300 4stroke bringing up her ample rear end. I decided wth, go big from the get go, get something with plenty of room for my now college age kids, their buds & of course all my drunk fishn buds! Pretty much anywhere on the TN River I used the Allison, I can use the new mistress (It actually drafts less than a XB-21 due to its 2200# hull & 24.5' X 8.5' dimensions)

Since the new "Bass Yachit" will primarily be used on the TN River with the gulf being second, I'm rigging it for bass fishing first & foremost. I've already ordered 2 Hbird Helix 10 Chirp, Mega SI units for the bow & console. Next week I'll be ordering a MinnKota Ulterra Riptide 36v 112# for the bow. I'll have her fully equipped, dialed in & WELL ready for action by Clifton for sure! (Tbuck is already putting the "Mr. Miagi" on a new wheel for the big girl.)

I can't say I didn't have my reservations, hell I've been threatening to get a bay boat for 2yrs now. But the "executive decision" by the two most influential wemunz in my life, made the decision that much easier for me.

The older & fatter I get the more I realize how much fun I enjoy having friends & family around as much as possible. This newest mistress just gives more room & destination options for sharing those times with friends & family!

The A-family is STILL my most beloved group, that will NEVER change...

Last edited:

scj

Congrats on the new boat!
I doubt the 2+2 gets advertised as there is a lack of used XB-21's on the market. Someone is going to be happy it's up for sale...........

GotMyAlly

I woulda done the same thing years ago if I could catch redfish closer to home!

Always thought a FastCat would make a good multi-species boat and retain the need for speed and let me fish the flats.

RedAllison

Come on Don! It'll hold 9 & if we fill up the 100qt cooler with beer, we'll just throw another cooler onboard. Won't get anywhere in a hurry but "any storms & rough water" in the Clifton area is laughable in this big beyatch! ;)

She did bust 61 on the gps but standing up with a beer in your hand while doing it just feels TOTALLY different than what we're used too!!! :D

Ltcbutch

Red,

I sent you a private conversation or whatever the message thingy is on here?

Thanks,
Butch

GotMyAlly

It has not been sold yet. Not even listed yet. But if you are interested, call him up and make him an offer.

Ltcbutch

Somebody shoot me his number. I think I lost it in the pm's of the old BassRacer site.

Thanks.
Butch