yammie props

jay j

there are a couple of us that drag our grand sports at smiths bend in alabama. i use a 24 yammie copy(performance prop) and i do say it does real well. motor height has to up about even with 50lb of shot in the port side. we have our pro max motors limited at 7500. thru the bend they will
hit about 85mph in 1000ft or so. these props with the smaller pitch are very easy to drive and are very peppy. the ole ski boat will suprise afew.
i know a few tunnels and streams that have fell victoms. at 7500 both boats are pretty close mine will run 89(2 people or 1) and scotts will hit around 91(jc's 24 et cut). i use mine for water skiing, pulling tubes. get one you will not regret it.

ziemer

That's good to hear...

I'm wanting to take mine up to a couple of the Crescent City races here in FL and I think it will probably be competitive. I know with my regular load of crap I can turn my 24" up around 9000, but now that I pulled all the weight out I would imagine it will turn up even better.

J

John Richied

It sounds like your still having a lot of fun Jay… You are picking on tunnels and streams, shame on you hehehe :mrgreen:

It’s good to see you on the Allison board.

jay j

JOHN R

yea i have sort got a little more interested back towards performance. i took a two year vacation and went fishing. it is so nice to have power again. these ole grandsports are fun to play with and are very good lake boats. gselite and i have played with props and set ups and have done pretty fair as far as accelerating in a drag with the smaller amount of horsepower. then again it makes it more fun to stay in a smaller class
and play with out a lot of risk. these are not as forgiving as the the boat you have, but still have a huge fun factor. show'em up at the rally this year. se ya jay

J

John Richied

A few years fishin and you missed the high performance and drag race fun… that’s easy to believe! I don't think that film clip of you racing against that STV is on-line anymore since the Baker site is gone. I really don’t think I could ever own a boat again that didn’t have the acceleration an Allison has.

Drag racin and fun… oh yeah! Ya know if my 1996 225 ProMax ever does blow I think I would want a 260 with all steel sleeves. You just can’t beat the steel sleeves and how long the engines last without having to re ring them.

I’m going to do my best at the rally this year, every year everyone gets faster... but I think I got em covered. About two weeks now until the rally so we shall see.

Take care and what ever you do … don’t sell your Allison GrandSport until you own a faster boat… hehehe :mrgreen: