Yami Drags 2003

Yellowallison

RICK-O

A 26-28 yammy's runs good on 2003's ... but over time Breaks Blades..

after I broke blades on 2 good runnin Yammy's I decided they didn't like the heavier loaded boats...........

ziemer

Yamaha

I've run a 24 yamaha on mine a few times for fun and it worked great. With my 260 it'll turn about 9000 +/-. (Just estimating because my tach only goes to 8000). I do know it was 97 and change on the GPS. It's a whole different boat compared to my 28" Hoss.

ziemer

Not any harder, just more fun

Quicker,

Not any harder to drive, just a lot quicker. It's the most fun, cruising about 3000-3500 and then stabbing it. The whole boat torques and the motor seems to turn up instantly.

It's no drag boat, but it does pretty good for a big ol' family cruiser. I'm sure if I were to pull out all of the family crap and increase the trim to 24V it would surprise a lot of people.

Fl Boy in ILL

GSE/260

Well I never ran the boat with the 200 2.4 it was sold. The FRESH 260 is ready, painted the Midsection today, hopfully assemble the pieces this weekend if i ever stop working these 13 hr nights, can't wait to blast the new family ride

Rick

ziemer

Good luck...

I'm sure you will love it. It's a great boat and I wouldn't trade mine for anything. If I ever get another boat I'll have two because I don't think the wife would ever let me get rid of it.

Wicky

Fl boy,
Hi Rick!!
I ran the 30" performance yammicopy with the 1.75 gears and loved it.
98.5 gps with a good chop on the water.
STeering torque is minimal. It feels like power steering compared to other props.

I also threw a blade and I haven't ordered another one yet.
So far, ever prop I've had has thrown a blade or has cracked.

Right now I'm running a Ron Hill 30" chopper. It's alright. I still haven't tried the ET and would like to. If I remember correctly, ER says the metal in the ET is superior than what is used in the performance yammicopy.

Hurry up and tell us how the 260 did!!!

Take care,
Wicky