Xtb 21 preferred jackplate setback

ericgolf69

I love that shielding ,did you make that or buy it from a race shop ? Love to chat on the phone with you some time , Just give me a text on mine and let me know when you can talk . Eric Miller 865 556 1987 .

G Allen

Highest and therefore slowest of the bunch XTB21 reporting in from 6400 to 7600 ft elevation home waters... FWIW, my '89 has fixed factory jack plate, 14 inch set back, propshaft center even with bottom of pad, 225 pro max vst delete. Three group 29, 2 port ,one SB will be replaced. 100 ah starting lithium will move in position to front of gas tank where the MK 3 station lead acid charger will be yanked. Trolling lithiums and all 12v and 120v lithium specific charging hardware will be port side...when the present Walmart 29 specials start to die near the end of this season, their third. I am anticipating a greatly improved holeshot after getting all the lead out, which is not horrible now but needs a lot of gas goosing. Getting a recently produced 4 blade pro max prop all 8 barrel vents wide open let the motor spin up a lot more quickly with a pronounced moment of another 500-1000 rpm gain at break over until the wheel gets another bite. Handling gets temperamental at 62-64, bust through that one and 65 up smooth as a mercedes-benz. Fave cruising speed for fuel economy and relaxed driving is 52-55 mph gps with this setup. Fuel economy is surprisingly good. Ride over wind chop is phenomenal at or above that speed as well with the motor trimmed for level wave trampoline flying. Excessive trim gets chine walking and bow yawing going in a hurry, mine likes to run nearly flat. That situation likely will become less pronounced with 180 pounds less weight near the stern.

Last edited: