XTB-21 adding a ski pole.

shuddyssoup

I want to install the ski pole on my XTB-21. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what or where I should get one from ??? Is this a Bill thing or should I look aftermarket. Thanks ... MIKE

whipper

Lots of us GS guys have gotten from Dana Marine. If you do a search {grandSport Ski Pylon} theres a few threads with links to the one we got. They come powder coated or Chrome. You decide and they seem very durable. Ive had mine on for 9 years on the GS with no issues at all. Pulled 5 in a hudge tube lots slolom rough calm whipping ect... I dont think you can buy one for as nice for the twice the cost of these ones. Only like 160 bucks or somthing like that? http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=4749&highlight=grandSport+Pylon http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=7300&highlight=pylon

shuddyssoup

I looked at the post but my rear hole is for a bass boat seat. I'd prefer it to stay that way if I could. Other than that, it's looks great on your boat and it's exactly what I want.

whipper

The pylons are 2 inch OD. You whould have to make your hole the same is all. You can then incorperate a larger sleave for the seat base to match. The biggest consern would be the fastening methode under the deck I would think? Ours just bolt threw the stringer. Not sure if theres a plate behind the fiberglass over the stringer or not for ours?

shuddyssoup

Thanks guys ... this is the second time I've posted about this but my family is itching to ride.

jimmyb

i made my own... copied some of the other aftermarket ones and made it to fit the XTB. I did drill some holes to add the 2 outrigger braces.

My other recommendation is to do a cross pin thru the 3/4" post that goes into the seat post. I ran with out a cross pin and took out a cowl... after submerging some tubes :)

shuddyssoup

I will definitely have a cross pin on the underside of the seat base. Thanks for the advice.