xr4 merc build.

skeryfast280

hey guys, just bought an old xr4 from a buddy. motor is stuck due to sitting in the barn for the last 10-12 years. i was with him the last time the motor was ran with no problems and we backed it in his barn and it has sat there since.
i am wanting to do a few mods to it after i hone the cylenders and re ring it but i have no idea where to start. he sold it to me for next to nothing and im looking to make it as bad *** as possible. thanks!!!

Lotus 50

XR4 build. From what I've read, remove the timing module, change the tuner, add compression, have fun. On my own XR4, I just changed the tuner and put some reeds into it. I run lake gas on long trips, so I kept it conservative.

skeryfast280

thanks lotus for the info. im just wanting it to go fast, i know it wont pass my ally but it would be nice having the 2 fastest boats on the lake lol. im going to rig it on my dads 1979 15.5ft astroglass. it had a 150 before but is only rated for a 115. those were the days of the shotgun starts for tourneys and if they made a 500 hp merc dad would have one hanging off of the back of it lol.