xr 2002 parts needed

restoxr

I am looking for the rear plates that cover the rigging holes for an xr 2002 anyone have a set?

Volatile

Its easiest to make your own from aluminum and get them anodized. Are you running Rideguide or Race Cable steering? While you're at it, you could make some matching side switch panels for the sides of the dash. We've also used the Allison carbon fiber look plastic and cut out all of the above. Its nice when the colors and cuffs match.:big grin

RedAllison

Not sure just how in depth you need parts but have you called the factory? Sure you'll pay more but you'll get EXACT REPLACEMENT parts and I assume they'd still be able to outfit the majority of an XR02 because Darris has offered to build new ones within the last 1-2 years if he could get enough confirmed orders.

Sure wouldn't hesitate to call Bill Scates (parts mgr) and ask him. You'd be surprised what they can come up with. I remember a couple of years ago someone was rebuilding a 70s model XST bassboat and asked on this site about a rear compartment lid. They called the factory and miraculously they were STILL ABLE to build one for the fellow. Call up ANYOTHER boat maker and ask for ANYTHING for a 30 year old model and see if you don't get laughed at over the phone.

Good luck, :beer:
RA

patches

I need to call the factory soon for a few parts. I think I'll ask em about those pieces. I'd like to have em on my boat. That way it can sit in the garage and look good:big grin

I think my boat is scared of the water :banghead

Volatile

Hey Erik, do you remember a yellow XR at a dealer in New Orleans with a 245hp on it ? Trying to track the history of the boat. I believe it was run with a NOS motor back in the day. We replaced the stringers and floor with composite and added a 3 rib down the center of the pad. Running a 12" mid with a mod 260 currently. Nice ride. Bill may very well have those parts. The plastic pcs tend to discolor / dry out and sometimes crack, and thats they we went with aluminum. You might also be able to get an entire sheet of the material and make your own parts. We purchased and entire sheet to make the little straps that hold the cables, wires down under the rear lid on an XB2002 once from Bill since they had none cut out yet. Holler back.

patches

No I don't remember seeing that boat. Some of the guys from down that way may know about it. Got any pics of it. How do you like the 12" mid?

Volatile

The 12" is magic on the boat. Takes some work lining up the race cable steering cables to come out lower in the back and aim towards the wings. But she drives super nice. Far better than and 15 or 20" . Holeshot is much better. We also did a ton of work replacing wood with composite and reinforcing the deck better. Boat feels very stiff and light. We're re-gelcoating this year. I'll get pix. :big grin

patches

Glad to hear you like the 12". I just put one on my boat. Have only had it out for a five minute shakedown cruise. May be able to get it wet Saturday to start getting it dialed in. Where are you located? What do you do with the boat mostly?