XR-2001 Owners - Question for you..

RB in NM

Have any of you guys racing XR drags, ever heard of or seen a trim tab, mounted on the Portside stern transom bottom, near the pad,,,,to help control the typical torque on hole shot found on these hulls?

The plate is used in a down position upon full throttle, then as hull is on top , the plate comes up, fully out of the way on any water contact.

It is operated by foot pedal on left side.It's used like a clutch pedal, down until gas is applied, then let up as motion is underway.......

Interested in your replies to this..... :roll:

Later, 3 1/2 days and counting........Russ

Rocket

Russ,,, "Vic's" got that on his A-boat!!!! :shock:

I wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,! :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

RB in NM

The one on my soon to be mine XR is a really cool set up. fairly simple and looks to a real piece of work.
Can't wait to see if I'll need it or not. There's always stickers needing washing.... :roll: :roll:

Russ

ziemer

Trim Tab

I have a friend that had one on his XR when he bought it. He used it for awhile and decided to take it off. Seemed to be more of a hassle than what it was worth. His worked a little different though. It was on an additional switch linked to the trim timer which would activate a Co2 catridge which would then force the plate down at the start and as the Co2 bled out of the system a spring returned the plate flat.

RB in NM

The one on my boat is spring loaded for Up, and is pushed Down via cable from the foot pedal. It is a cool looking trick piece that someone (Hausman) put a lot of time and effort in. According to hiz son, the tab worked very well on the hull when it won some pro gas races.

I can't wait to try it out!

Russ

Rocket

RB in NM said:
The one on my boat is spring loaded for Up, and is pushed Down via cable from the foot pedal. It is a cool looking trick piece that someone (Hausman) put a lot of time and effort in. According to hiz son, the tab worked very well on the hull when it won some pro gas races.

I can't wait to try it out!

Russ
Hey Russ,, How about posting a Pic or three of it??? :roll:

RB in NM

I have a picture that is too small to post and still be able to see what it is.
But I can forward it to you and you'll be able to enlarge it as needed, PM me yer addy.

Russ

Rocket

RB in NM said:
I have a picture that is too small to post and still be able to see what it is.
But I can forward it to you and you'll be able to enlarge it as needed, PM me yer addy.

Russ

I'll give it a try.............