Xb21 setback question

xb03fs

Anyone ever try less setback than the factory 8" no wedge 8.5" negative wedge configuration. I ask the factory and the said they never tried less.

Given what I learned with my 2.5 200 I *think less setback could work. At wot it is great with 3 liter and 8.5". With my 200 it was great at both 11.5 and 8.5" setback at wot, but better at rough water and slow speeds (less than 40) at 8.5".

The 3 liter does not feel quite as light in the nose at 8.5" as the 2.5 did at 11.5" but is a bit more light feeling.

Given all the factory testing was done at 8.5" and most of darris testing likely with a 225 promax, 200 xs and 175 proxs... I wonder if the boat would gain some more low speed handing without sacrificing any or very little wot speed....

With the 200 I lost zero speed and actually picked up .5 but prop had been tweaked once between max speeds so ???

Just a question as I am considering upgrading from a cmc to a detwieler and detwieler offers a 4" plate....

The hull has a mile of setback so who know if it is needed. We do know te 2.5 spacer is required to get the motor high enough and cmc dosent make a plate less than 5.5 and Allison only uses cmc.... So it could have just been a minimum available deal....

Open to all thoughts