Xb2003 with 175 pro xs

Lotus 50

Reynolds racing marine has one for sale, except that its a GS. You could talk to them. Allison Canada has also rigged GS w175.

pud

Probationary User
Thanks for the reply Lotus 50 I already have the hull tho. Right now I have a 225 super mag but I am looking to hopefully get into the dfi gas mileage. I am also considering the 250 xs but I know the weight issue is a very touchy subject.

whipper

PM Harrells on hear. Look under performance motors and setup and scroll down youll see a thread he started. He has a 250xs on his GS. He can give you some advise. Also BadBait has had a 250xs on his XB03 for years with also great success. They will have the does and don'ts they have experienced first hand.

harrells

Pud. I have had a 3.0l since I bought the boat new in 2007. Started with a stock 200 opti and loved the performance and fuel mileage. Just recently up graded to a new 250 sport xs and lovin it. I am running a 6in. Allison jack plate and motor is about 1/4in. below the pad. Boat is very stable and runs like its on a rail at over 90mph. While I was doing some prop testing with my son in the boat and motor jacked up above the pad it fell off the pad at 95mph and just steered to the right real hard and that was it, nothing too bad. So that was when I decided to put the motor back down to about the 1/4in below and leave it. I will admit I also had it trimmed out way too much to cause it to fall off the pad also. It will run 95mph all day long with 4 people and sip fuel doing it. Hope this helps. From the way my boat handles I don't think the weight of the 3.0L is an issue. Any more ?'s and I will be glad to help. Good luck which ever way you decide to go. Scott.

Lotus 50

What I meant was that either of the dealers who have rigged GS + 175XS could give you advice about set back and props. I think both are in the low 80's. GS is the same bottom as your boat.

The mileage will amaze you. I have a 115 HO on a 16' Baja. It burns way less gas than my SS2000. The SS used to be more fuel efficient when I had a 100 carbed motor on my Baja.

fnshrmaster

Pud. I have had a 3.0l since I bought the boat new in 2007. Started with a stock 200 opti and loved the performance and fuel mileage. Just recently up graded to a new 250 sport xs and lovin it. I am running a 6in. Allison jack plate and motor is about 1/4in. below the pad. Boat is very stable and runs like its on a rail at over 90mph. While I was doing some prop testing with my son in the boat and motor jacked up above the pad it fell off the pad at 95mph and just steered to the right real hard and that was it, nothing too bad. So that was when I decided to put the motor back down to about the 1/4in below and leave it. I will admit I also had it trimmed out way too much to cause it to fall off the pad also. It will run 95mph all day long with 4 people and sip fuel doing it. Hope this helps. From the way my boat handles I don't think the weight of the 3.0L is an issue. Any more ?'s and I will be glad to help. Good luck which ever way you decide to go. Scott.
What are you running for a prop to achieve 95 mph? Do you use the same wheel for daily use?

pud

Probationary User
Thanks for the info Scott lol you know if a fellow has an Allison he really wants the 250 over a 175. Lotus 50 I'm following ya I'll try to give those dealers a call and see what info they offer. Thanks again guys.

harrells

I am running a 28p trophy plus with some added tip cup. It's my all around ski and cruising prop. Still trying to find something for top end. Just tried a 28p Ron Hill Signature Bravo and all I could get was 78mph @ 5300rpm. Wish I had my 28 Hydromotive back. I do have a 26 Hydromotive that runs 92mph @ 6200rpm.

fnshrmaster

I am running a 28p trophy plus with some added tip cup. It's my all around ski and cruising prop. Still trying to find something for top end. Just tried a 28p Ron Hill Signature Bravo and all I could get was 78mph @ 5300rpm. Wish I had my 28 Hydromotive back. I do have a 26 Hydromotive that runs 92mph @ 6200rpm.
Sounds like it's dialed in. That's like 2% prop slip if your running 1.62. Impressive. I just picked up a 28 Hydromotive, looking forward to running it.

harrells

I'm sure you will like the 28 Hydro. Give anything to have mine back. Gonna look for a good used one this season. The 26 Hydro I have has a blistering holeshot like no other prop I have tested to date, boat just jumps up on plane with no bow in the air at all. just runs out of steam @ 92mph and all over the rev limiter.