xb2003 200efi setup

David chris corr

I only fish tournaments with this boat,it is a 97 xb03,I have promax and 260's,but I want to run this '05 2.5 200efi,that I completely rebuilt 2 years ago,I like the 60 amp alternator system,reliable oiler and decent fuel mileage,and wanna' try the motor on the boat.,I have an allison 14" manual plate,and a bob's 12" action hyd. plate,the motor has 140 psi on all 6 and runs strong,it ran 68 on a 1500lb. waterlogged Charger 19.5 bassboat.with a 25 tempest.I'm just putting it together with a bass can,,alien cowling, ,,titus coned cle with 1.87 gears. I'm gonna' try and lighten up my fishin' load best I can. looking for reliable turn key setup. where should I start with props ? I have a couple trophy's,SRX 27's and a few big ear choppers in various sizes,the limiter is set at 6050rpm. seems the QIV OT is a good prop as well. I'm good with 80mph,already have a hydrostream HST,so don't have the need for speed

David chris corr

I also have a spankin new 250 pro xs,which will give me my desired speed without pushing the top speed envelope,but of course that is frowned upon,Is the 3 liter ok,if I stay in the 80-85 speed zone ? I will have 4 batteries on board with a 36v motorguide xi5,and I really dont wanna' spend $2k to replace it with a 24v model.

David chris corr

Interesting,that boat of Glenn's resides here now locally,I think it's the same one,if it is teal colored stripe/wings,with 250xs,he said he bought it from Reynolds racing,it was in here last fall, we put a trolling motor on it for him,he said 97mph was easy,and good enuff for him,til he had more seat time.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like you have everything you need. 14" set back and prop shaft 1/4" under the pad will be a good start. Try the props you have, a lot of us run those. Probably a 25 - 26 pitch will get you the holeshot you want and still hit the limiter on the big end. Just a guess tho.

David chris corr

ok tks., ya' I have everything here,i just derigged 2 hydrostreams and and an STV,kept everything rigging and hyd. steering wise,but sold bare hulls and trlrs.,,just sent the last 260, and offshore mid down the road,just want to build a nice reliable "fishin' boat",although I keep lookin' at that 250 pro xs sitting in the corner while I buff the boat out,lol,,,,the 200 will likely be just what i need.,still have a couple promax ph's,I can rebuild ,if it don't work out. I'll keep reading,and maybe pick up another prop or 2.

hirk

ok tks., ya' I have everything here,i just derigged 2 hydrostreams and and an STV,kept everything rigging and hyd. steering wise,but sold bare hulls and trlrs.,,just sent the last 260, and offshore mid down the road,just want to build a nice reliable "fishin' boat",although I keep lookin' at that 250 pro xs sitting in the corner while I buff the boat out,lol,,,,the 200 will likely be just what i need.,still have a couple promax ph's,I can rebuild ,if it don't work out. I'll keep reading,and maybe pick up another prop or 2.
You will want to run a 28 for sure with that limiter 26 will hit it too soon, I have ran a bunch of 3-4blade over hubs and a hoss hpd in both 3 & 4 blade have handled the nicest. A stock big ear is really good and I liked the PP 4 blade drag as well.

David chris corr

You will want to run a 28 for sure with that limiter 26 will hit it too soon, I have ran a bunch of 3-4blade over hubs and a hoss hpd in both 3 & 4 blade have handled the nicest. A stock big ear is really good and I liked the PP 4 blade drag as well.
are you talking the 200 efi ?, I have a 27 and a 29 srx,that ran good numbers on several mod vp hulls,i'm really thinking i want a good 4 blade for fishin',

hirk

Yes with the 200, I ran a dah 27 srx and didnt like it due to having more wheel torque yet not running any better numbers than a big ear or my 26 hoss,Sold it asap.A hoss cut Spinelli 4 ran great as did a 4 blade hoss hpd, the drag 4 handled good but ran flat until i hit mid 50's. I fish like you so i setup for good holeshot, load carrying and excelloration therefore i run 26-27p props but i can turn 6800. With your limiter a 26 is just too small, it would kill your topend needlessly because you can still get good overall performance with a 28.I ran a 28 cut chopper and it turned 6400 with my wife loaded to fish.

David chris corr

ya mine has the motorola electrics,more expensive to raise the limiter
last year i had an old charger 195 traded in,ran it for awhile,til i sold it,i ran the same 200 on it,with a 24 tempest,it turned 6k and around 65-67mph and it was heavy,empty weight of the hull was nearly 1500lbs.,i may have slowed it down some,cause I had a ridgeback and a titus coned CLE on it,I since put a stock mid back under it with a 2pc. promax adapter plate and am rebuilding the same bullet with a geiger tec carrier pinned, with 200 gearset.