XB2002 variants

B

BP

I am looking at switching into a XB2002 hull and wondering if there is a preference for year in terms of desirability. The first XB2002 I saw was on the floor of Baker Marine, I was with a friend and we discussed what a "no nonsense rocketship" it was....Well I guess it's time :D:.
Anyway, I know the differences between Standard, Bass Racer and Comp. have been recently discussed but......

Reinforced transom intro?
Pad changes?
Interior differences?

J

John Richied

Bob, I think the biggest decision is deciding if you want a center steer with one bucket mounted in the center or a side steer.

Then you have to decide if you want the sport console or torpedo.

Then you have to decide if you want the rear race cowling or flat fishing one.

Then you have to decide if you want the rear bench or two folding bass seats.

OR you can just get one with all of that stuff and change it anytime you want… :wink:

Mr. Scary

Hey Bob. John's right. However, what's nice about the 2002 is that if you really want side steer, but you find a great center steer boat, it's not too terribly difficult to move the steering over to the side and add the second bucket. Same with moving a side steer boat to center.

Anything from the early 90s on will have the no-wood/aluminum transom. Not quite sure the exact year, but I know we started selling them in 95 and they had had them for a few years by then.

I just picked up a side steer comp model. What fishing I do will be me and my 9 year old casting a few lines here and there - no competitive fishing and I won't be dodging stumps, so the comp and it's lighter weight will work better for my race trips. If you're really going to be fishing hard, the tournament model might make more sense, but the comp model will handle 99% of how most people fish.

If you're looking for the best combination of speed and sensibility, the 225 ProMax is probably the best combo. It's quieter than a 260, has oil injection, is easier and cheaper to get parts for and will still run mid 90s pretty easily. It's really the best all around package in my opinion. There's a lot of aftermarket hop-up stuff for the 225 ProMax too, so there is potential for building a killer sleeper motor if that's the direction you want to go. We sold a few with 150s and they all ran over 80 with two people in the boat....hard to beat that.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any questions.

Best of luck.

Sam Baker
sam.baker@scaryfast.com

J

John Richied

Sam, are you certain your XB-2002 is a comp pro? She sure is purty, but I don’t think your rig is a comp pro…I have been wrong before though... LOL

Here is a picture of the world record bassboat… Dave Shook’s XB-2002!

Notice it has the torpedo console and not the wide sport console... and it runs pas 120 mph!

Yeah Baby! :p

Mr. Scary

Title from MSO states model as XB-2002-CP. Boat weighed 1500 pounds with the original owner completely rigged with about 10 gallons of fuel so that would tell me it's about 75 pounds lighter than a regular Tournament boat too. Darris wouldn't build Comps with side steering after 1996 (at least he said no when I asked him - he didn't like side steering in the light boats). I plan on calling Bill this week with the serial number to get more info if he has any.

bassracer

Sam

Sam
What does the tournament model have, for better fishin, than the comp pro model???