XB02 side steer

Eric B

Probationary User
Been kicking around the idea of side steering my XB02 and also putting side by side buckets up front. Anyone tried this how effective is it? Also, pics if possible.

Thanks.

22R

When I first got my boat it was set up with a Sport Console and side steering. It was good except it is hard to get into and out of the two seats cause it is a tight fit. I prefer the River racer seating but you may be ok with it.

Lotus 50

I didn't know you could get an XB2002 with side by side seating. I would want that. When I bought my SS2000 I thought bass boats were ugly (sorry) but new an XB2002 has a lot of appeal. I want my passenger beside me for chatting on a lot of my cruises.

22R

I had two bass boat seats in mine and it was tight I am unsure if two buckets would fit. Maybe someone else will chime in.

22R

Eric B

Probationary User
I know if you slam the bucket seats in the front you may have about 4" between them. I wanted to use two separate consoles and make it more of bass style boat and add a step between the tow consoles for access to the front deck. After seeing those pictures, i can tell that wont happen.

Guess i may keep mine to play around in on the weekends and buy something to fish better in. The lack of storage availability and the extra high step for the front and back deck is kicking my butt over and over again when i fish. Not as young as i used to be for sure.

Thanks for the reply guys. Might have to look into a Bassport or Prosport if my funds come in right. Lost of cash there.