XB-2003

Eskind

How would an xb2003 compare to a 17cc bullet for speed with same motor?

dubmoney

I would say the 17cc would be 2-3 mph faster. ( I have never driven a 17cc, so I am basing my guess, on what I have read about Paul Nichols who seems to be the leading Bullet fast guy) The real question is how fast do you want to go? I don't think Darris designed the xb03 to go over 100 mph, truth be told if you exceed 100 mph, in either boat you are pushing them to the limit. Sure, there are people who have pushed them in to the 107 to 111 range, but I bet if you ask them, they required perfect conditions, and setup to reach those numbers. Don't get me wrong, I bought my xb03 with the thought that I would run 101mph any time I wanted to mash the pedal, and I have had fun and am still having fun setting up and tuning for that goal. The truth for me is that there are not very many days where the conditions, and plans for the day include, stringing it out for a top speed attempt. I generally wouldn't post my half assed thoughts but, things are getting slow on this forum, so I will do my part to spark conversation :)

gmorgan

How would an xb2003 compare to a 17cc bullet for speed with same motor?
I have owned both boats, and my honest opinion is that whatever the difference, you will be much more comfortable in the xb2003 than the 17cc. The Bullet will be about 400 to 500 pounds lighter, but it can do very few things better than the Allison.

Eskind

I'm not looking to go 100 mph tbh I'm more of a fisherman than a racer. I love driving the little bullet it is way more fun than my blazer was. The acceleration is amazing. However I use this boat to go to our deer camp and the storage or lack there of makes me wonder. Also wind protection for my wife would be a plus lol. Either way I probably won't be moving out the bullet anytime soon.

dubmoney

If your ever up my way, I give me a shout we can go for a ride. We are having the West Coast Allison Ralley this spring in May I think at Shasta, usually there are two Stokers, a Bullet, and half a dozen allisons. You should come up. The wind protection in an XB 03 is better than any bass boat I have been in, only better is the xb21 prosport.