WTB 225 Mercury Optimax, Pro XS, XS 3.0L

IRONBLOCK

Hi would you have a good 3.0 liter Mercury sitting around gathering dust? I'd like to find one in good condition with 200-300 hours or less. Sure I'd rather get rid of the Wood boat and have a BasSport Pro but finances are tight.

Please send details on your motor and a photo or two if you have them to mwstro@bellsouth.net
:relax:

Thanks for any help too if you know where I should look!

Mark

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have just what you want! 2006 225 Pro XS. Runs perfect, never had any problems. I bought an Ally and want to sell the old Checkmate. I will seperate the motor if you want it. I haven't seen many for sale but the NADA guide shows 7500 - 8500 more or less. How about $7900? It probably has close to 300 hours on it. I always used Merc Premium Plus oil. It has the Torquemaster lower with the 4 hole on the front of the bullet for low water pickup.

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=v5RhHfWmHxac2sL45Izy2g%3D%3D

The old barge Checkmate runs 73 GPS with the ski prop - a 23 Tempest Plus.

Thanks,
Dave

IRONBLOCK

Hi Dave,
Wow, that is a nice motor! The first one I saw on the timy pic account had a 300 HP
V-8 (Gulp!) Instant Message sent...(where is the little guy with the tear dripping from his eye?) Mark

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. It really runs great. Too bad I can't put it on the Allison. It really sips the fuel too.

Did you click on the videos of the dash? I tried to show how strong it comes out of the hole.

The other pics were misc of guys I met at Buckeye Lake in Ohio.

IRONBLOCK

Now that you mention it; I was not even sure which one was the Checkmate but I guessed right. It sort of looks like a fish and ski with a walk through windshield. Man that boat jumps out of the water in the video with that 225 Pro XS! I like the shot looking back over the Pro XS when you blast off. It looks like the boat is on plane in about 20 feet!

Would you be interested in a 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L and cash for your motor?

Mark

IRONBLOCK

Because of my WTB posts, I was contacted by 'One Outboard' and Mike offered me several options: Opti, ProXS and XS, some they rebuilt and some with factory warranty remaining. They also offered to rebuild my old EFI motor and warranty it for 5 years.

Would anyone have any experience dealing with 'One Outboard' (they are in PA, FL and GA); good or bad? If so please let me know at MWStro@bellsouth.net
Best regards, Mark

IRONBLOCK

Mike, Thank you so much for the heads up on 1outboard aka Blackbird I am humbly indebted to you and the Awesome Allison Owners Site!

After several emails between 1outboard and me; he kept ignoring my questions about warranty, etc. and stating "call me" so he could "enplane"(sic) things. I don't usually have trouble reading and understanding what I read unless someone is intentionally trying to confuse things.

My B.S. detector started going off when 1outboard started bashing all other engine rebuilders except Mercury. Then he used the "F" word and Sh*t several times, etc.:beating dead horse.

The engine that sounded like a good deal was not really what he described it to be (225 XS with 2 v. 1 year of factory warranty). I'd rather just have one broken engine and not two that are an expensive pain and have to deal with a crook!

Mike- Thank you for taking the time... I'll copy this to my post on BBC where "1outbored" got my contact info. in hopes it will prevent a theft.

http://www.stayawayoutboardrepair.biz/otherscomments.htm

Mark

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man that boat jumps out of the water in the video with that 225 Pro XS! I like the shot looking back over the Pro XS when you blast off. It looks like the boat is on plane in about 20 feet!
Mark
It's an impressive motor, no doubt. I had to hold my feet against the back seat pretty hard to keep from sliding out of my seat while shooting that video. I was impressed. My ally doesn't come out near that hard. She's a great runner!

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Silverbullet02 is interested in your 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L we could work something out. I appreciate the offer but don't need another set of wheels.