WTB 2017 XB23

DOUBLE J

I'll hopefully be one of the first on the Grandsport. I really wish Darris would step up to a 28' or 30' hull to run with one 400R. I have a 24' Checkmate and would like something longer for the Gulf. I've looked at Phantom 30 Speedster(went to their factory), Tuff 28' and Velocity 26' Bay boat (went to their factory also) but would prefer an Allison.

Last edited:

whipper

Talked to Bill today about it. Darris is still making changes. its better every time and doing some aerodynamic work on it now for the top deck. Hes going to do lots of testing this winter on rough days when no ones out and it super cold buy the sounds of it. haha Supposed to be very fast and no molds made yet. He said when its perfect then the molds will be made and it will go on sale. But no time line. Hes been testing it with the skid plainer and it has a fast hole shot and is very stable at all speeds. One things for sure there wont be another 22fter that will touch it. it will be ready when its the fastest,most stable and effitiant 22/23fter out there. i think he has pretty much done that so far. haha ;) Just gota get the style and shape he wants thats functional. Bill was telling me about when he was finalizing the Grand sport. Darris said ok I need 3 guys to go out with me right now. it was 30deg out windy and super rough. haha He wanted to test the new shape of the wind screen for cockpit wind protection.. nothing like hands on approach and see if the guinea pigs survive! Bill thought he was going to be freezing for two days but the protection was surprisingly good as Darris brought the GS to 70 in the bitter cold!! I think that was Bills way of saying thats the stage were the hull is getting to now? He was pretty tight lipped of course when I asked stuff about her. When you hear the molds are being made thats when you want your deposit ready he said. Darris wont make the mold until its final.

ally2dextreme

It will be ready late next year as a 17 model,it will be smaller than we thought. It started out a 24,went down to 23 and now 22.2....with plans to go a little bigger latter, which I don't understand, well I do ,the average garage space is a big factor to length...I will have the first one,which is RED and will be the only Red one.....

whipper

222 will not be over 50000. In sport boat trim anyway. Maybe when the fishing boat is ready just over. As the loaded XB21 is 49999 without power.. haha 16000 for a new 250 or 300xs. Im getting older so this will be the last boat i will ever get to buy anyway. She better be ready buy 2017 or Ill be to old to buy one after that and will need to implement plan B. plan B is a good choice also. But top secret unless i find out testing before the mold didn't work out. Not so sure Allison will be able to meet the demand. The 22-23ft sport boat segment is the hottest its ever been right now.