wondering about a Hydromotive X/OT??

Allyfishing

I used to have one when i had my 225 ProMax but sold it after I got the 3 liter. It reminded me of my TXP OT-4 that I used to run as my everyday prop on that motor. Anyone have one and how do you like It??

dubmoney

Is the quad x-OT the semi over hub? 14.5 diameter? How does it work on an xb2003? From what I have read it is the best handling prop. But you may sacrifice up to 5 mph on the top end vs. A chopper, triton or mazco re3. What say you? I would love to hear everyone's opinion, experience etc. If what I have said is true that it is the best choice for everyday running. Top end shoot out, maybe one of the three blades I listed above

ROBERT CROSS

Lost the 'round ear' in the fire.....insane hole shot with our '14 225xPM

26 for cruise'n
28 for TE running light 89.5

Hydromotive

14 3/4" x 28 R QIV OT

14 3/4” x 26 R QIV OT

14 1/2” x 24 R QIV OT Round Ear

Plan on stopping to see Todd & Thom after picking up the new Grandsport in the Spring.
fullsizeoutput_419.jpeg Will take their advice on replacing the 24p.

;) I enjoy Quick more than Fast.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Allyfishing

the one on the right is the X/OT. It's correct name is an Intimidator Quad IV-X/OT not to be confused with the Quad IV-OT cleaver style (left one). I'm looking for input on a 21 footer with a 3 liter. The X/OT is kinda like a cross between a Turbo OT4 and a Trophy Plus. I know the big boats with 3 liters like the big diameter 15"+ props and the X/OT is 14 1/2" diameter.

ROBERT CROSS

Spoke to Thom last week. Todd is doing better but still is using the crutches. Rehab PT at home now. He's at work couple days a week for 1/2day or so. I guess his leg has been the biggest concern, slow to heal and no strength.

Yep.... no X's in the 26 & 28, should have read......14 3/4" by **p.

Bob

Tim Powell

The last time I talked to Todd, he suggested a OT for me as a top end wheel. He said its consistently faster than the OB but it won't carry a load so he never suggests the OT to a fisherman.

I'm about to have him send me a big OT o_O